Menu
Tinlegs
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Picture and sound interference on most channels

For the last few days I've been getting fuzzy and pixelated pictures and disrupted sound especially on BBC, sky and itv channels.  Thought it was the snow but that has all gone. Have reset the TiVo box but nothing is helping.  Anyone else having issues?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture and sound interference on most channels

It sounds as if you have signal issues.

You can check to see if there are any reported service issues in your area using this link: http://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

If it's not an area fault then the system will perform a few tests of your installation to see if there's anything obvious.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Tinlegs
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've tried that to no avail 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Then unfortunately it's a call into the Faults Team.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tinlegs

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

I've located your account and can see that there's an outage in your local area at the moment causing some problems to your service. We're expecting this issue to be resolved very soon so if you're still experiencing this in a few days time, get in touch and I'll take another look for you right away.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tinlegs
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message.  I received a text to say my engineer visit for Saturday has been cancelled as they have found a network error in the area.  However, under the service status checker, this network error is not showing.  Fingers crossed it gets sorted, as if not, I will have to arrange another engineers visit.

Sarah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tinlegs,

Thanks for getting back to us, if this issue hasn't been resolved please let me know so I can investigate this further for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tinlegs
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The interference has been resolved, but I can only get channels 419 and 420 occasionally and a couple of days ago, when I could get channel 419, during the film I was watching, the screen went black and the "there is a problem with the signal for this channel" appeared.  These are the only 2 channels (that I know of) that I cannot access at all times.  I did ring about this a while ago and was told I needed an engineers visit, but could not spare the time for the sake of 2 channels.

I feel the same now and just wonder if anyone else is having issues with these channels. 

Sarah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah,

Yes I can see that the outage has now cleared but there are also signal issues with the box so I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to take a look at this for you.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos