Menu
crouchhall
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phantom recordings

My Tivo box randomly indicates that it is recording programmes - sometime one light is on, other times two and occasionally three. I haven't set the box to record - it does it by itself. Curiously, it doesn't actually record anything but I am concerned that if I were to programme a recording, the 'phantom' would over-ride it. I've cleared all the series links etc. so it's not that. Anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
petermci
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phantom recordings

Could it be recording being made by "suggestions". Check the suggestions folder when there is a light on and it may be in there.

0 Kudos
crouchhall
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Peter I'll try that next time I see the light.

0 Kudos
crouchhall
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I think that's the reason. However I'm having trouble removing everything from 'suggestions'. There's pages and pages of them. And again I've no idea how they got there. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello crouchhall,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Yes as petermci has mentioned this does sound like Suggestions which is a feature of the TiVo®. I have added a link here which will tell you all about it and also how to turn Suggestions off.

If you would then like to delete these recordings from your TiVo® box just highlight the Suggestions folder in My Shows and press the Clear button which is at the bottom left of your remote, this should clear everything from the file.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos