Menu
sharon05
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Phantom recordings

Could anyone tell me why I am getting phantom recordings (all the time)???

I look at the box and the red light is on - wonder why as I have no recordings planned for now.  Look at the TV Guide and there something is recording, eg The News or BBC3!  What?  I have not clicked to record these programmes.

Can someone shed any light, please.  It is spooky and I don't like it. (NB no-one else has access to the box unless it's the cat trying to keep up with current affairs).

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phantom recordings

Clever cat! Anyhoo it's probably suggestions that the TiVo thinks you might like. Turn them off

Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you've set one up).
Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Clever cat! Anyhoo it's probably suggestions that the TiVo thinks you might like. Turn them off

Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you've set one up).
Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.

sharon05
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Will do.
0 Kudos
sharon05
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I was a bit quick with the Kudos there.  It hasn't solved the problem.

Obviously, I wanted to switch off Suggestions, so that was very helpful, but that is not the problem.

I am still getting other 'unauthorised' recordings, particularly News at 10 and BBC 3 (which is online now, so who would record that anyway?). Also occasionally things like La Liga on Sports channel.

I was wondering if the News at 10 was a continuation of my recording of programmes at 9pm, which I have quite a few of? Not that that is an excuse, because it should stop at 10pm anyway.  

So, any other ideas?  It's not the end of the world - I can cancel the recordings when I see the light on - just a bit annoying.

I will probably give the engineers a call if no other bright ideas.

Many thanks, Sharon

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharon Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting Smiley Happy

I've had a look here and to best see whether it is a continuation of a recording it would be best to check the padding on the recordings when going into your settings. 

You could certainly try a clear and reset, this will however format quite a few bits of data, including any recordings.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
PaulineJoan
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Recording of unplanned shows keeps happening to me too as well as changing the channel to the recording channel in the middle of a program we are watching.Like you they are obscure programmes that we do not watch like 10 episodes of Peppa Pig, youngest in house is 29 and no we are not secret Peppa Pig fans.

I have tried all suggestions from VM but it still continues. This needs to be sorted I am fed up getting told I'm running out of space to find hours of unplanned recordings.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How long have you had the box? Is it a recent replacement?

Just wondering if you have been given a second-hand box that has not been cleared down properly.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, if they're taking up space then they're not suggestions, as Frank_GM says, maybe it's a refurbished box that wasn't cleared or it's somehow linked to somebody else's account and you're getting their remote recordings from TV Anywhere.

I'd check the "Series Link Manager" and "Wishlists" to see if the things that are being recorded exist in either of those, or if there are any Wishlists that could be recording them, i.e. a Wishlist for someone that does voices for Peppa Pig etc. 

0 Kudos
PaulineJoan
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Had box about 3 years and it was brand new, supplied and fitted by VM

0 Kudos
sharon05
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input Ben.

Clear and reset sounds a bit drastic for the degree of problem.

I actually haven't noticed it for the last few days but may just have been too tired or emotionally drained from latest episode of Poldark. Woman Wink

0 Kudos