Menu
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Person of Interest - Missing Episode

I'm currently watching 'Person of Interest - Season 3' on Channel 5 (105) and have noticed that episode 17 has not been nor appears to be scheduled for broadcast in the coming weeks?

I thought that maybe it was a glitch in the scheduling and sometimes an episode goes out of sync, however episode 16 was broadcast on July 30 and the next scheduled episodes on my TiVo are from August 6 onwards for episodes 18, 19, 20 and 21.

Can't find any information about this being a 'sensitive' episode.  Anyone have any further information?

Thanks all Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Person of Interest - Missing Episode

No you're right ep 17 seems to be missing. Next 2 new ones scheduled for thurs are ep 18 & 19 and last new one was Ep 16

Ep 17 is entitled     /   [yep a forward slash] according to  episode guides. Brief synopsis doesn't seem to look like anything nefarious.

Weird Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

less Amy Ackerman is not a good thing, from the looks of the review at us.tv.com it might have been a decent episode.

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sky EPG showing same not a guide error. Could be being skipped for a reason I guess
0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

They've been showing 2 in a row for the last few weeks so maybe they want to finish it quicker and skipped ep 17 as it wouldn't further the underlying story and ruin anything?

0 Kudos
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

sjp123 wrote:

less Amy Ackerman is not a good thing, from the looks of the review at us.tv.com it might have been a decent episode.

Thanks for the response sjp123.

Amy Ackerman (Root) is always a good thing... why have I always got a thing for the bad girls Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

GarethF wrote:
Sky EPG showing same not a guide error. Could be being skipped for a reason I guess

Thanks for the response GarethF.

Nice to be able to get a comparison with other TV services.

0 Kudos
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Olly wrote:

They've been showing 2 in a row for the last few weeks so maybe they want to finish it quicker and skipped ep 17 as it wouldn't further the underlying story and ruin anything?

Thanks for both your responses Olly.

Yeah, I noticed that they've been doubling up episodes recently - should be a total of 23 for Season 3.  No idea on when Season 4 will be broadcast.

Annoying that they miss out an episode though!  I always find that there are small pieces that relate to something in the past and this can throw the storyline a bit Smiley Mad

I agree on the episode name for 17, although some state it as 'Root Path' and LocateTV has it down as 'Entanglement'.

Wonder if this episode will be on Channel 5's catch-up?  Currently they're only showing upto episode 16.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Not that I'm an expert but / stands for root path in Unix, I think.

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Magic66 wrote:

Olly wrote:

Thanks for both your responses Olly.

Yeah, I noticed that they've been doubling up episodes recently - should be a total of 23 for Season 3.  No idea on when Season 4 will be broadcast.

Annoying that they miss out an episode though!  I always find that there are small pieces that relate to something in the past and this can throw the storyline a bit Smiley Mad

I agree on the episode name for 17, although some state it as 'Root Path' and LocateTV has it down as 'Entanglement'.

Wonder if this episode will be on Channel 5's catch-up?  Currently they're only showing upto episode 16.

Looks like they will skip ep 17 in order to finish off the season with 2 episodes per night.

I am 3 mths behind on all my recorded series so even if 17 was on catch up it would be completely out of sequence with the current episodes I am watching and probably no longer available. I will no doubt forget to go look for it elsewhere when I get around to having watched ep 16  :lol:

Does anyone pre 'everyone knows some coding' days recall a forward slash was actually called an oblique, or was that the backslash, I've forgotten now  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos