Menu
Barry-Gallimore
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Persistent sound break

I have the following problem which manifests itself in the evenings or sometimes during high network load times in the afternoon.  It happens on most channels but particularly on BBC 1 HD, ITV HD, SKY HD, BBC2 HD.

The sound on my TV breaks for around 1 second every 2 minutes 44 seconds.  This only happens through the TIVO connection, neither the RF aerial signal nor my Amazon TV HDMI signal have the problem.    This is the second TIVO box I've had and the problem still persists.  I've recently done a full box re-set, changed HDMI ports, changed the leads and swapped the TV.  Nothing seems to solve the problem and as I've had the TIVO box swapped, I wonder if there is a possibility of some sort of problem on the Virgin network (a port or perhaps timing issue) which would cause this.

The picture is not affected.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Persistent sound break

Hi Barry-Gallimore,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for such a detailed post. I've located your account and checked the previous technician appointments you've had.

From what I've seen, I've decided to send out a Senior Technician to take a look at this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get this arranged.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Barry-Gallimore,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for such a detailed post. I've located your account and checked the previous technician appointments you've had.

From what I've seen, I've decided to send out a Senior Technician to take a look at this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get this arranged.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Barry-Gallimore
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks.

Although I can't see anything on Virgin's forums about this, I see that a considerable number of BT's customer's have been complaining about an identical problem on their boxes and it's a suspected software issue.  Their workaround is to hit the pause button for a second and then hit the play.  The problem doesn't manifest on recordings (which I have now confirmed) but it still needs sorting out.

Let's see what the engineer says.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Barry-Gallimore

Just checking in to see how your recent engineer appointment went?

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Barry-Gallimore
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig
Engineer was as perplexed as I am. Typically the fault failed to present during the visit but returned with a vengence at 9 last night. I have the engineer's contact details and have passed on the latest information.
Barry
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Barry

I'm glad to hear the engineer left his details so we can be sure to keep on top of this instead of arranging another appointment each time.

I'd love to hear how it goes when he gets back to you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos