Menu
fredathefox
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Persistent Error 319

Hello

Error 319 has been on my service status screen for months now. Prior to the first instance, there was never an issue and that must have been for at least 3 years.

Since about 4 months ago, error 319 has been showing up nearly all the time. There are currently 2 error 319 messages displaying and they have been there for a while now. Surely, they should be gone by now.

Please can VM just get rid of them. Resetting the box makes no difference.

In passing, I called VM a couple of weeks ago about having 4 error 319's on the screen. The person I spoke confirmed there was only 1 error 319 for the area. 3 additional messages were therefore displaying on my screen when they should not have been. The person promised the excess messages would be removed withing 24 hours and they were. That was before the current 2 issues, issues I am beginning to wonder about in terms of whether they are excess or not as before.

From what I have read elsewhere, it may or may not be an uploading issue. However, I have reset the box and run the test through the VM website so there is not much more to be done at my end.

FTF

0 Kudos
fredathefox
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent Error 319

I have decided to to post my error 319 messages on this thread as and when they renew or are changed by way of being added to or eliminated. This is to help others who may be having similar issues see whether what they are experiencing is matched by my own experience. Over time, if the issue is not resolved by VM, a pattern should emerge, so that people can see the level of service being provided regarding error 319's by VM.

Issue 1

You may find you are unable to view some Sky movies and Sky Sports programs via your Catch Up services experiencing error 319

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

Fix estimate: 12 December 16:00

Issue 2

You might find that youre not able to watch Humans, 27.11.16, 21:00 - Error 319 on your Virgin Media TV Catch Up, On Demand or TV Choice service at the moment.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

Fix estimate: 12 December 16:00

0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freda
Exactly the same problems as myself and exactly the same changing dates of resolving these problems. They must be picking on us because of our names.
Regards Fred the Ted
0 Kudos
JustsoAJ
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's not just you. I am getting it for some Sky movies. Most notably the new releases that are actually worth watching. What I want to know is why they estimate it will take a week to resolve. Is it due to Sky sneakily stiffing Virgin customers? Will the blockage be miraculously removed by Sky in a week's time when they think we have been inconvenienced enough?

It's probably not the case but I find honesty is a rare commodity when dealing with service issues.

0 Kudos
fredathefox
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Issue 1 has been eliminated, leaving only issue 2 as of about 10 minutes ago or sooner.

0 Kudos
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's what Virgin are saying (I had an email saying the 319 issue had been fixed), but it's not the first time they have claimed that, and it's not the first time they are wrong. I'm still getting error 319 on at least a couple of movies. It's just disgusting 'service'...
0 Kudos
fredathefox
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There are 3 now. I am not going to keep posting anymore as it will turn into a full time job. All I will say is that I was getting unique messages at first and this has stopped, and I can now access service status results for different georgraphical areas and they are the same as mine so the issues are nationwide and no longer unique to me.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Now the system status page is not working at all and says oops this is not the page you were looking for.
I'm surprised it doesn't say 319 somewhere on the page
0 Kudos
fredathefox
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I found that using different browsers gets different results. Chrome normally works if you get the oops its broken screen on firefox or edge.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are still experiencing a problem viewing On Demand programmes. 

This is a known issue that our technicians are still working on. There has been an update sent out for this, which has improved On Demand access for certain content, however we are aware that there are still ongoing issues with new programmes.

Currently, if you are getting the Error 319 when trying to view On Demand programmes that have just been aired live, please retry again later.

If you are getting Error 319 on older On Demand content, please let me know so I can update our technicians about this.

We apologise for the inconvenience this ongoing issue causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos