Menu
Bellatrix83
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Penalised for being a loyal customer?

Why oh why do I have to pay double for my package compared to a new customer? My monthly bill has now reached over £80 a month and I don't even have the biggest bundle. I think it is absolutely shocking that Virgin are charging this much to a loyal customer who has been with them for years. Also they bragged about upgrading my broadband to a super hub with speeds of up to 200mb. 200mb, I am lucky if I reaches 100mb and sometimes can't even connect to it. I have spoke to technical support who have done all they can to help. So now I'm paying all this money and putting up with temperamental broadband!
Anyone have any suggestions of what I could do about either situation before I cancel everything and find a better provider?
0 Kudos
Rusty55
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Penalised for being a loyal customer?

I think we all feel this way.

We feel that loyalty should be rewarded, and it should. But the top and bottom of it all is that Virgin are in this to attract new customers, and if they lose some customers due to them feeling that newbies are getting a better deal, I guess they are not bothered so long as the newbies outnumber the dissenters, and in my experience few people actually do leave, compared to those who join. 😕
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

.. and the same applies to all suppliers.
0 Kudos
sapper_arj
Superfast
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am stuck with Virgin, though to be fair at the moment their briadband service is pretty reliable and aoften achieve speeds close to the 150 MB service that I am paying for.

But I am often out and about, and am slightly envious of my friends who are able to use the BT WiFi Hotspot app on their mobile devices at no extra cost. As such I have enquired with BT about infinity. But despite living in an Infinity area, as I live 40 meters from the exchange, I am unable to have cable broadband from BT. Just their Copper wire service.

And so I am stuck with virgin.

Adrian 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

sapper_arj wrote:

But I am often out and about, and am slightly envious of my friends who are able to use the BT WiFi Hotspot app on their mobile devices at no extra cost.

Adrian 

BT have turned most of their customers hubs into subscriber WiFi Hotspots. Virgin are already trialling this with a view to rolling the service out in the near future. They are also trialling other public projects using new technology:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/broadband/11933475/UKs-first-smart-Wi-Fi-pavement-to-be-instal...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Rusty55 wrote:
I think we all feel this way.

We feel that loyalty should be rewarded, and it should. But the top and bottom of it all is that Virgin are in this to attract new customers, and if they lose some customers due to them feeling that newbies are getting a better deal, I guess they are not bothered so long as the newbies outnumber the dissenters, and in my experience few people actually do leave, compared to those who join. 😕

Also a lot of customers let their contracts run out & don't re-negotiate their deals, which inevitably results in slowly spiralling bills. As with all utilities, if you don't ask, you don't get.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Bellatrix83
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have got sick of asking for a better deal as they just keep saying I'm on the best deal they offer. This is obviously lies. £80 a month for a package that doesn't even contain the largest option for each item?
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

sapper_arj wrote:

But I am often out and about, and am slightly envious of my friends who are able to use the BT WiFi Hotspot app on their mobile devices at no extra cost.

Adrian 

BT have turned most of their customers hubs into subscriber WiFi Hotspots. Virgin are already trialling this with a view to rolling the service out in the near future. They are also trialling other public projects using new technology:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/broadband/11933475/UKs-first-smart-Wi-Fi-pavement-to-be-instal...

Not my hub hopefully as I have already notified VM that I want to opt out. I have no intention of being a hotspot for others.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

nodrogd wrote:

sapper_arj wrote:

Adrian 

Not my hub hopefully as I have already notified VM that I want to opt out. I have no intention of being a hotspot for others.

Yes. Of course you can opt out, which also means you cant use the WiFi buddy service yourself to use other peoples Hotspots when you are out & about.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

nodrogd wrote:

sapper_arj wrote:

Adrian 

Yes. Of course you can opt out, which also means you cant use the WiFi buddy service yourself to use other peoples Hotspots when you are out & about.

And that suits me fine. A small price to pay so that my hub is not part of the service.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!