Menu
Jaguar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Paused TV jumps and picture interference

Hi,

I've read a few blogs about the same problem that we're experiencing but not sure how to resolve it. I forgot to ask the phone engineer yesterday but didn't think that he'd be able to help as he's on the phone side of things.

If we pause a programme and then start watching it again, it very often jumps forward to the front of the programme and we have to rewind to where we had got to....

We've also had some lines - Pixilation I think somebody said? not always and no set pattern, days, times etc....

Any help would be appreciated - Plain non techy talk please Smiley Happy

Jaguar

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Paused TV jumps and picture interference

Hi Jaguar, 

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment here, welcome back to the Community.

I'm very sorry that you've been having some issues on the TV, it's never fun when your tucking into your favourite shows and hit a speed bump.

I've been running some tests and I have been able to see an outage linked the services in the property regarding SNR, (Signal to Noise Ratio). The fault reference is F004393553, the engineer's are already on site and the review date for this will be for the 29th of April 2016. The outage was only just highlighted so any issues on the TV may have been attributed to this.

Many thanks for your patience in this and can you bump this thread closer to the review date.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaguar,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting disruptions when viewing your recorded programmes.

I can see the engineer called round to sort your Landline out, I hope this is ok now?  Did they look at your TiVo® whilst they were there?  Don't worry if not.  I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine with the hard drive status, I'm not seeing any errors.  

If you're still getting picture troubles with recorded programmes, let me know and I can help further.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jaguar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Colette,

It's more when we watch live TV and pause it and when we resume playing it jumps forward to catch up with the programme! It happened again last night
0 Kudos
Jaguar
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette,

Thanks for checking your end but it done it again last night😁 It was paused for 15 mins on live TV and when we started watching the program again, it jumped to catch up with the program after about 5 minutes viewing so we had rewind to where it had jumped. Any ideas? Thanks!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jaguar, 

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment here, welcome back to the Community.

I'm very sorry that you've been having some issues on the TV, it's never fun when your tucking into your favourite shows and hit a speed bump.

I've been running some tests and I have been able to see an outage linked the services in the property regarding SNR, (Signal to Noise Ratio). The fault reference is F004393553, the engineer's are already on site and the review date for this will be for the 29th of April 2016. The outage was only just highlighted so any issues on the TV may have been attributed to this.

Many thanks for your patience in this and can you bump this thread closer to the review date.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
paulypj
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problems with pressing play after pausing a to show.
It skips at random points and we lose 5 /10mins of programme!

Can you do any checks here too?
0 Kudos
Jaguar
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Aaaarrrrggghhh...... It done it again last week!!!

Without getting personal as its technology (not) at its best! Please can someone tell me what's going on! We pay enough for the service and I'm getting grief which is wearing me down.

Live TV was paused for 10 minutes to take a phone call and bang it caught up again!!!!! Please can someone at virgin have a serious look at this issue that seems fairly common!!!???? (Please)☹️

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulypj,

A warm welcome to our community and thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue with pausing live TV also. 

I haven't been able to check your box remotely yet as I haven't been able to locate your account.  I will send you a private message requesting further details.

Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaguar,

Thanks for updating, I'm sorry to hear this is ongoing.  I would like to carry out further checks with ouy if that's ok?  I will send you a private message requesting further details.

Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Whitaj
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I get this same problem with pausing and resuming live tv, where the stream is lost and pixellation occurs.  Cam someone please run a diagnostic on my box?

Thanks

Whitaj

0 Kudos