Menu
Kiev737
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Partial recordings

For the last few weeks I am having issues with recordings.  They sometimes are only "partially recorded" (first 10 mins or so missing), other times they only record 1/2 or 3/4 of the programme and others just done record and say "recording hiccup - power cut.  I have done a total reboot (wiped the whole system) but this is now beyond a joke.

any advice would be great.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Partial recordings

The was a bug in the last version of the software that caused this.  An update has been released - see this similar thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TIVO-Box-not-recording-full-shows/m-p/...

Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

See a possible solution I posted in this Thread:

Software Update Fix

Kiev737
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that advice, unfortunately I did a major reboot 3 days ago which updated my software to 20.5.7RC 23 but no change in recording issues 😁

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kiev737 wrote:

Thanks for that advice, unfortunately I did a major reboot 3 days ago which updated my software to 20.5.7RC 23 but no change in recording issues 😁

In that case it is likely down to another issue with the box or signal levels.  The best thing to do is to report a fault and arrange for an engineer to visit.  This may well lead to a box replacement so you would lose any recordings.  

You can also run tests on the equipment via the service status page: https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status 

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).