Menu
chris180_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Panasonic Viera TX48CX400B TiVo remote code???

I recently purchased a Panasonic Viera TX48CX400B TV and I am unable to find a code to operate the volume controls on the TV using the TiVo remote.  I have entered all the Panasonic codes on the manufacturer codes list and also attempted to manually find the code using the 0999 method, but with no luck!

I have checked the Panasonic support and they say that the codes are Virgin Media's issue, not theirs!

Also I have a friend that also owns a Panasonic TV that resorted to buying a new all-in-one controller from a third party manufacturer to control their TV and TiVo, where they had success.  This suggests the fault is with Virgin, not the TV!

Has anybody else had any luck with obtaining a code for the TV?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Mrb72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Panasonic Viera TX48CX400B TiVo remote code???

I had the same problem with my new Panasonic cx300 tv. I finally found a code using this guide that at least allowed me to control the volume/mute. 

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It would make things much simpler if the various manufacturers used the same volume code for all their sets, it's hardly virgins fault that  Panasonic bring out a new set of IR codes for every TV they make

Mrb72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same problem with my new Panasonic cx300 tv. I finally found a code using this guide that at least allowed me to control the volume/mute. 

chris180_uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding. I have just tried cycling through the codes again and I can confirm it works Smiley Happy

I think the TV's software had been updated recently to allow the TiVo remote to operate it, as the same method didn't work a couple of months ago.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's great news chris180_uk,

Thanks for the update, it's much appreciated and I'm pleased to hear that you got it sorted in the end Smiley Happy

Should you need us again in the future, don't hesitate to get in touch.

All the best Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Burts9
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What code did you use? Iv just purchased this tv, Iv gone through all the codes and none have worked yet.
0 Kudos
dabs40
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

same here...

0 Kudos
Mrb72
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don't know what the code was I used, I just cycled through until I found one that worked. To clarify - I used the instructions for AV Devices not the instructions for TV's.

One of the codes used by AV devices actually controls the volume on my TV but won't turn it Off/On.

See the link I posted for the instructions.

0 Kudos
dabs40
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I went through the list 6/7 times (1999 for TV. . . Instead of 0999), and there was a code that was controlling the TV volume and mute , but when I press OK to save , it doesn't save . Then I have to do the entire process again , a different the same thing keeps happening : when I find the right code , I can't save it . 

So to sum it up , I find the code during the setup but am unable to save it. . . Raging . . . Lol

0 Kudos
dabs40
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

GOT IT ! ! HA HA HA. . . AFTER OVER AN HOUR OF SEARCHING AND TRYING . . . HA HA. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP . 

0 Kudos