Menu
cpr1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Painfully slow TiVo Box!!!

Hi

When navigating the  TV guide, my shows or catch up tv,  or any other menu the box loads up very slowly. It can take literally minutes to go from the TV to the guide coming up. 

Netflix, iPlayer & YouTube are unbelievably slow and sometimes crash out before they've even loaded up! 

I timed netflix earlier and from pressing the red button on channel 204 to actually being on netflix took over 5 minutes, Help!!!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Painfully slow TiVo Box!!!

Hi cpr1982

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your TV service at the moment, I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We're aware of an issue with slowness to some of our customers TiVo service, which we're currently working hard to resolve. When there's an update available, we'll post it [here].

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
richg639
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So don't you think people with these issues should be offered a reduced bill every month until you have sorted the problem?
Why should they pay full price when they don't get full service?
My parents get the same issues as people are describing here and haven't been given anything apart from a new contract that they are now stuck in for the next 12 months paying full price for a terrible service.
Also if you are aware of all these problems why are you still selling them?
0 Kudos
ken1407
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Even after the supposed software update, Tivo is crap.  So slow it is unusable. 30sec delay is common for a simple TV guide to show. Navigation / menu system really poor and hard to use. Frequent pixelation on  TV channels.

Totally unimpressed with Tivo and Virgin support.  Only option to apparently get something close to working is to upgrade to the new V6 box! I'll be canceling as soon as the contract expires as id rather watch Freeview than use the stupid Tivo box!

fletch26
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I think you should phone 150 and ask for a engineer to visit as it sounds like something is wrong with your box or cable signal strength.  

My TiVo guide loads in about 1 second, hence I've not upgraded to a V6 box, especially as there is currently no 4K programmes except for Netflix.

ken1407
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have phoned and signal strength is fine, and has nothing to do with sluggish performance.

You're obviously very lucky with your box or possibly just used to the delay. I came from using Sky which was quick and responsive. The only reason I went with Virgin was that it had fiber in the area and I couldn't get dish installed. 100mb supposed download, which never gets about 30mb. 

In general Virgin has over promised and seriously under delivered.  In terms of customer service, it also falls well short of acceptable. 

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am interested to know what boxes you have. I have had several Cisco Tivos and one Samsung. The latter was horrendous while the Ciscos were acceptable.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have this same problem. I've had my box changed and lost all of my saved recordings. and its still rubbish.

Virgin obviously know about this yet they seem surprised when you raise it with them. They really are a poor show. 

I get the idea, like myself, that the only reason people stay with them is because they have fiber optic broadband - which to be fair I have never had any problems with in all the years we have had it.

The customer service is dreadful. and they keep tricking me in to taking out another 12 month contract so that I can't cancel with them...

I think if people really started to make more fuss we might get somewhere. all these things are like minor inconveniences but they add up to massive pain in the but!

Stephen

frank_gm wrote:

I am interested to know what boxes you have. I have had several Cisco Tivos and one Samsung. The latter was horrendous while the Ciscos were acceptable.

ken1407
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a Samsung box I have.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

This is just a message to say that if you'd like a member of staff to take an individual look at your service or set top box to test, create your own thread and someone will get to it as soon as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos