Menu
Lozzalamb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PIN numbers

My mum has just set up virgin TiVo and Sky movies.She is 86 years old  She has a habit of pushing buttons and in the past we have changed the PIN number so she can't randomly order movies that she doesn't want to watch. However as she has newly subscribed to sky movies she needs to enter the pin if she wants to watch age related films before 8 pm. She won't understand the difference between pay for view movies and movies that are part of her package.  Can different PIN numbers be set up 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PIN numbers

Nope, you could ask for subscription movies to be blocked, I'm pretty sure that can be done

jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the whole pin numbers thing is a pain. but its down to the government to stop kids viewing adult films, we have no kids in our household. i have questioned this but was told if kids did visit and no pin existed they could access adult content if we weren't with them in the same room.  premium films can be blocked on their own as a friend did this some time ago as their 18 year old uni son was ordering loads of films.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PIN numbers are locked on irrespective of the box settings when using Sky Cinema. This is a condition of Sky Cinema's broadcasting licence imposed by OFCOM, in order to permit them to show films outside of the normal watershed rules.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos