Menu
blood
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Optic sound

I have just ordered an installation of the 1TB TiVO box. I have soundbar to tv with an optic cable and will be connecting the TiVO to the TV through HDMI

Is there still an issue with recorded programmes not playing sound or is this resolved now??

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Optic sound

Optical output was "deleted from the spec" a year ago.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I got my first TiVo box last week with some trepidation about the prospects for dolby sound via the optical connection. 

Pleasantly surprised that all works well.  May depend on which box you get, mine is a Cisco 8620.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:

I got my first TiVo box last week with some trepidation about the prospects for dolby sound via the optical connection. 

Pleasantly surprised that all works well.  May depend on which box you get, mine is a Cisco 8620.

My Cisco box has never been affected by the DD problem. My feeling was that it was only Samsung boxes that were affected.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos