Menu
Claireannejames
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

'Ongoing cost'

Hi, I'm mystified - and there's no help chat on this site (why?)

I currently have Virgin Media broadband only service (no phone line, no TV) for which I pay £29.40 a month.

Looking at my account I can see an upgrade available for 70 channels and TiVo services which states that it is available 'from an extra £6.69 a month' with 'activation fee' of £9.99

I make that £29.40 plus £6.69 = £36.09 plus an initial payment of £9.99 to get it set up.

But they also state 'ongoing cost' of £41.09.  Eh?  What would I actually be paying?  And are there any hidden costs?  like the cost of the engineer coming if you don't self-install, how much is that?  I hate how these 'deals' quote a fictional low figure and are completely opaque.

Can anyone help?

Claire

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 'Ongoing cost'

There no chat on here because it lives in the help section of the website.This is a community forum, not technical help.

The answer to your other query is a bit more convoluted.  Although My Virgin Media likes to appear  to be specifically for you, its really just generic offers available to everyone. So it does not take account of individual deals you may be on. It looks from the price like you have a discount on broadband only. The website does not take that into account when calculating prices.

Your best bet is to contact them on 150, thinking of leaving us is the option you want. That will put you through to retention's who also can deal with more complicated situations for you.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There no chat on here because it lives in the help section of the website.This is a community forum, not technical help.

The answer to your other query is a bit more convoluted.  Although My Virgin Media likes to appear  to be specifically for you, its really just generic offers available to everyone. So it does not take account of individual deals you may be on. It looks from the price like you have a discount on broadband only. The website does not take that into account when calculating prices.

Your best bet is to contact them on 150, thinking of leaving us is the option you want. That will put you through to retention's who also can deal with more complicated situations for you.

Claireannejames
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Yup tried help, page is down. Directed me here. Yes I always use 'thinking of leaving' to get through on the phone.  But really, why should I have to phone, the incremental cost should be completely transparent and not vary by customer.  Very annoying to have to jump through hoops when they are the ones wanting to make money.  So don't think I'll bother.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos