Menu
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On my 3rd (or4th) TiVo Box and still Pixelation. Please Help

Can someone please help me.

Since I've had a TiVo Box I've suffered with pixcelation. Numerous visits by engineer giving temporary fix. When this failed new box installed. Now on 3rd or 4th TiVo Box. Called 150 last week and lady adjusted signals to my box. Again cured pixcelation for a short time but has since returned.

I have a 2nd TiVo Box in another room. There is no pixcelation on this box.

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: On my 3rd (or4th) TiVo Box and still Pixelation. Please Help

You've got an RF problem by the sound of it, no amount of box swaps will fix that. You need the root of the issue fixing which I suspect is your feed from the splitter. What's your broadband like?
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gareth. Thanks for the reply.
My broadband works ok.

My system is like this:
Cable from roadway to box on wall of house.
Two cables then come out from that box
One cable goes through the wall to a wall box in the lounge which then feeds my problem TiVo Box and telephone
The other cable goes to an upstairs bedroom where a 2nd TiVo box is situated with no pixcelation problem. This cable also supplies my broadband Superhub which works ok.

I hope this makes sense.
0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked that all connections are firmly connected and the twist nuts on leads are tight? 

0 Kudos
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.
All connections are as tight as tight can be.
In all the times that the engineer has called, at no time has the box on the outside wall of my house been examined. This is where the cables split to the two different rooms in my house. Could this be the source of the problem?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

External splitter could be the problem. Also the isolator in the indoor wall box needs checking.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If it's not too inconvenient why not try swapping the two boxes over? This would prove without doubt whether it's an installation issue or a box fault.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good idea. I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks.
0 Kudos