Menu
Goatistuta
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On demand

Why is it whenever I try the on demand service I get temporary unavailable every time???

Box is cat 5 to switch and registering an IP address so it's online? This is soooo annoying and its making me want to switch to SkyQ
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand

Have you called it in to get a signal level test?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Goatistuta
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why should I do that? I pay for the top of Virgins services and, well, they are shocking nowadays. I seriously need to know when their version of Q is coming out because if it's next year then I'm off. Just look at Virgins offerings compared to Sky? The mobile app is **bleep**e compared to Sky go, any application like YouTube etc is so painfully slow it's embarrassing, whatever they have done with the TiVo software has killed it sooooo slooooow, it looks dated in my living room, it's connected via a cat 6 cable directly to main hub (2) and its rubbish, the laughable superhub 2 is just so bad it's untrue, why not supply modems so we can buy our own routers instead of turning hub into a modem RUBBISH or even give us a hub that's not a joke. The only thing they HAD on Sky was the internet speed and multiple recordings while watching another station BUT that's gone with Q. So it leaves too many issues with Virgin and the huge question of why am I with them.

Oh AND they are more expensive **bleep**!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Goatistuta, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your services Smiley Sad This isn't what we like to hear and I am more than happy to look in to things for you. 

There is currently a fault at the address and we are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services there. Once the work is completed, any issues with slow speeds and the unavailable messages will be resolved as it's affecting both your TiVo® and Broadband service.

The reference number for the fault is: F004601812 and the next review date for this is 21st September. 

We can only apologise for the disruption in the  meantime. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Goatistuta
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Sorry, what does the 21st September review date mean? Are you suggesting it wont be fixed until this date? Its been offline for months but we have just ignored it and thought it was just a temporary blip but it clearly isnt is it? What is the actual issue? And you also say its affecting my BB, what is it doing to me BB? Because it was almost unusable last night.  I even switched my phone to 4G because my super duper rubbish homehub2 was slowwwwww and I have 150mb. Now thats laughable. Can I have some more details please. You can get as technical as you want as im in IT so ill know what you are talking about. thanks

0 Kudos
Goatistuta
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry. also, can you tell me when VM version of Sky Q is coming out? I cant wait too much longer..... 

0 Kudos