Menu
santadog
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On demand without a Netflix subscription

For the three and a half months since joining Virgin whenever I want to watch an "On Demand" programme via Netflix I have entered my pin and watched it without problem.
Today after entering my pin I now get a screen asking for me to subscribe to Netflix to access the programme.
Is on demand available or do I need a Netflix subscription?
0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand without a Netflix subscription

If you want to use Netflix then you need to pay a separate subscription.  It sounds like the programmes that you've watched previously were part of the regular Virgin Media TV On Demand service which is included in your Virgin Media subscription and separate from Netflix.

0 Kudos
santadog
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I have watched several programmes which are only available via Netflix previously just by entering my default PIN number.
This changed today when I attempted to watch Mr Selfridge I got the subscription page.
0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you, or someone else in your household, signed up for a Netflix account and logged into that account using the Netflix app on your TiVo? It sounds like you haven't, but I don't believe it's possible to access Netflix without having a Netflix account.

I think that the Netflix app has parental controls enabled by default, so if you were watching Netflix then the PIN was just to start the app, you would have still needed to sign into Netflix to watch any content.  Most of the regular video on demand content (both the pay per view programmes and those included in your subscription) would probably also be PIN protected as well as the default parental controls on TiVo tend to require a PIN for just about everything.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not all on demand is netflix, there's no way you could have watch netflix without a subscription, the only possible way I could imagine is if you had a refurb box and the previous owners subscription was signed in and even then it takes you to the netflix account page and you tick your name out of the choices available ie the main subscriber their partner or children. 

0 Kudos