Menu
jonnyboy511
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On demand not working

I was watching on demand last night and as I went to watch the next episode it wouldn't load up. It is the same on both my boxes. (V+ and tivo)
0 Kudos
jacko1970
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working

I've had exactly same problem and still not working today either.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonnyboy511 Smiley Happy

Long time no see!

I've had a little look into the On Demand and I've not been able to see the fault you're seeing. has this sorted itself out or maybe it's still lurking around?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bonjour Jacko1970!

The On Demand is a great place when you want to grab the best shows out there, but when there's a problem it can put bit of a downer on things.

I have been into the services in the home and you're experiencing multiple issues that would need to be addressed. There seems to be some signal issues in the home that would affect you in the way you're describing.

I would like to get an engineer out to you as there are no known outages in the area. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Stoneground
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have had exactly the same problem for 3 days now. Service stays reports no errors, self tests nothing. I'm in area 31. 

just as well I have a NowTV box I can watch. Seriously time to think about going back to Sky. 

0 Kudos
jonnyboy511
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure if it's due to the updates currently happening but it does work intermittently. Can sit and watch a couple of films or a few hours worth of boxsets then it goes off all of a sudden.
0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On Demand out here, too. Area 31 (as previously mentioned). I don't use On Demand very much, fortunately, but I wanted to check out a specific programme this morning and got the message saying it's not available. Ho and, indeed, hum.

Bingley
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ondemand and catchup have been up and down more times than a brides nightie the last 2 weeks and VM do know but wont place it on the service status page as they will not admit to all the issues at present.  Vm have major problems  and they need ofcom to walk in and sort this company out and fine them heavily.

Stoneground
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And since posting my disappointment on Twitter , Virgin got in touch and the on demand service has been restored... For how long who knows!
0 Kudos