Menu
AS
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On demand not available

We attempted to watch a Virgin Movie on Demand. About every 20 minutes it packed and a message announced "On demand temporarily unavailable - please try later". The service clearly was available and a few button pushes resumed the film. So, if anyone knows why this happened and indeed if it will recur that would be great, and who do I talk to to arrange a refund? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not available

Hi AS,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your movie was disrupted with this error.  I will be happy to help figure out what's happening for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and currently all is looking great with the signal and power levels.  Also there is no high demand issues on the network either which is great to see.

Has this happened before or since when using any On demand service?  If this has been the only time it's happened I would say keep an eye on this, if it does happen again make a note of the following details and get back to me so I can check it out for you:

* Error message/code

* Is there a flashing light on the front of the box when the fault occurred?

* Has a reboot of the box resolved the fault?

Hopefully all will be ok from now on, if it does happen again, let me know and I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
AS
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Colette

Thank you for your help. It was not 'great' to watch an OD film split into many pieces for reasons we have concluded we don't know! FYI there were no unexpected lights on or off at our end. You did not mention to whom I should speak for a refund, so if you could that would be great.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply A S,

I hope all is ok now for you with On Demand, as mentioned if it does happen again let me know.

For a refund give our team a call on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  

Alternatively you can chat to our online team via Contact Us.  Select TV > TiVo > Chat Online Now

If you need anything else, give us a shout.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos