Menu
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On demand issue from Wolves headend

Just had a Virgin engineer round about some on demand programmes not working. There's a ticket open already for a problem with on demand from the Wolves headend. The reference is 4946531, it was opened on 15th December and there is no ETA on a fix. If you're getting 407 and/or 453 errors and you're on the Wolves headend (presumably still all of the West Midlands from Telford down to Redditch except Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull) then this is why.

Service status predictably doesn't list this issue.

VirginTVStatus.png

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand issue from Wolves headend

Turns out it's only error 319 that relates to this problem. Another engineer booked, less than an hour after he last one left.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came back out and wasn't happy he'd been sent out for the same issue which engineers can't fix. He confirmed - again - that it was the same problem and needs the VoD team to move the affected content onto different servers. I see the service status for area 04 has been updated to say 3 programmes are affected but there are many more than that. This has been a known problem for a long time. It should have been fixed by now and if it couldn't be fixed it should have been on the service status page. Nor should engineers be sent out to customers for this fault, wasting everyone's time.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI wonkotsane

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your On Demand service recently.

We are aware of some issues with the On Demand platform giving an error message when trying to view some of the content. Are you experiencing these issues with any shows in particular at the moment? Or at any time of day?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Some episodes of some shows all the time. A principal technician has been out twice for the same issue (he only lives down the road) and confirmed with the VoD team it's the same issue that they already know about and that customer services shouldn't be sending technicians for. He passed on the details of the episodes my wife has found that don't work to the VoD team so they can move them but it's been outstanding for such a long time it really should be fixed now. Surely there should be some automated monitoring to identify these? A bit more difficult to identify the ones that stop part way through the programme but the ones that stop right at the start would be easy to identify. Let me know if you want some consultancy on that, my rates are very reasonable. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi wonkotsane,

I'm sorry that an engineer was sent unnecessarily for the ongoing issue with our On Demand service.

The current issue with error 319 is still being worked on by our technicians. We have been advised that this should only be affecting new On Demand programmes and to retry viewing the programme at a later date and it should work.

If you come across specific VOD episodes that continually don't work, please let us know on the Forum and we can raise a ticket for these.

Just let us know the programme name, series/season and episode number missing and we will escalate this to our support team.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Someone called me at the weekend and said that it would be a while until it was fixed. She said that VoD is a value added service that we're not charged for so couldn't offer a discount. I reminded her that all the adverts for Virgin Media make a big thing of the thousands of shows available on demand and it's very much part of the service we pay for and she said I would get compensation on my next bill rather than a discount. Amounts to the same thing but if this is the line customer services are taking - trying to deny that a faulty part of the service isn't actually part of the service - then it's only a matter of time before someone tests that in front of a judge!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi wonkotsane

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry again for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing with your service.

We're working hard to resolve the problems and fingers crossed, that'll be something that takes place soon.

We'll be here if there's anything we're able to assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos