Menu
grahil23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 46
Flag for a moderator

On demand error 407

This is getting really annoying, every time i try to play a movie i receive an on demand is unavailable message with a code of 407. On the few times I can start a film it stops with the same message?????? What is going on????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand error 407

Hi grahil23,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with On Demand.

I've sent a signal hit to your box to try and fix the problem. All I need you to do now is reboot the box, then retest the On Demand. Just switch the box off at the mains, leave it off for a minute then switch it back on.

Let me know how it goes!

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wuzzzy
Joining in
Message 3 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the same problem. I cannot get Grey's Anatomy despite restarting the TiVo box and checking the status. So frustrating!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi wuzzzy

Thanks for joining us on the community and for letting us know about the issues with your On Demand and Greys Anatomy.

I am sorry to hear that you are impacted by this issue Smiley Sad

There is a fault that has been raised regarding this and the reference for this is F004986661.

I have logged that you have been affected by this.

To check in for updates on this issue which currently has a resolve date of today, please just pop back and let us know.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
tony7bear
Tuning in
Message 5 of 46
Flag for a moderator

We've been having the same on demand error 407 problem for several days, what can be done to sort it out?

Tony
--------------------------------------
New stuff in, old stuff out!
0 Kudos
Chrisshay
Joining in
Message 6 of 46
Flag for a moderator

We've had the same error and 405 and despite restarting the box it's still the same it's driv My us nuts!

0 Kudos
infamouschris
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if you will get this fixed...I have been reporting this issue since last September and keep getting told it's fixed when it's not, then told it's being fixed and "not something you pay for" when I ask for a refund....my issue is with most the on demand stations and sky movies, the last answer i got was saying that each time they had space they put things on but there was a massive back log...you go onto service status and it's not mentioned, this isn't what I call service, I would love to get a refund or even let others know that virgin ignore customers issues and have you tried to get help recently?   It's total pot luck when it comes to tech support and then you get a fix date that is totally ignored and no appology.   I wonder if this will result in me getting a reply!

hncck
Joining in
Message 8 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I've had this for weeks now and I called up straight away for a refund on three occasions. All of which were granted.

I've had a network issue raised with no fix and an engineer out who told me its an accout issue.

He raised another ticket but that was two weeks ago. Im kicking myself for having confidence that Virgin would keep their promises. I should have noted the reference number.

Totally disappointed at the moment, you should definitely chase those credits though!
0 Kudos
infamouschris
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I have had this since last september with each week being told it was being fixed, they lie at first saying its a local issue but if you push they tell you a story about capacity and delays in making some things available to on demand.....do you notice how on most posts they make a comment and say whats wrong but they don't seem to with this.....I have contacted ofcom on the issue and they don't seem to be interested....I am on to disconnection now trying to get them to let me go as I hate being lied to.....more people need to do this as its the only way they seem to listen.

Seems they are still saying it's a backlog but again the faults team have a few reasons for it, I have been told if I terminate I will face charges but I think the only thing that will get virgin media to do anything is to terminate my account and then if it goes to court they will have to give the real reason for the delay and fault.

Please people chase them yourselves and  I wonder if they will allow this post to stay up.

0 Kudos
grahil23
Tuning in
Message 10 of 46
Flag for a moderator

When I fist posted this I was told something was done and it seemed to clear the error for about a week but again it is ever present. Come Virgin Media or feel free to send a new updated box as this one is rubbish. Started talks with Sky (and looking a free view and NOWTV!!) as I pay loads of money a month on the top end packages just to see error messages.... Not really happy at all!!

0 Kudos