Menu
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

On Demand - some work, some don't

For the past two days, I have been unable to see The Walking Dead via On Demand. An error message telling me On Demand isn't available at the moment, to try again later (doesn't work) and to call or look at the help. (The help doesn't, at least as far as this goes by the way.) However, I have no problem watching Ash vs The Evil Dead on On Demand. I'm in the middle of s4 of The Walking Dead and I have ten days to get through the rest, plus s5 and s6, so what's happening?
0 Kudos
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand - some work, some don't

Still happening this morning. The error code in the bottom right is 401.
0 Kudos
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Checking what I can see and can't see, three other semi-random series appear to be ok. However, with The Walking Dead s7e1 ok s6e1 ok s5e1 not s4e1 not s3e1 ok s2e1 ok s1e1 ok, but s1e6 not. So some episodes are available and some not. **bleep**? There's no problem shown at the service status page but my time for watching this is expiring rapidly.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lovingboth,

Welcome back and thank you for your time. 

I am sorry that the On Demand isn't working for you right now. I have been looking into the account and the TiVo is showing some really healthy signs, which is good news. I've also checked here and I've been able to find this. 

Can you please recheck to see if this is now there?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, It might be my adblocking but I can't see any link or image for 'I've also checked here and I've been able to find this.' As a sample, currently, S4E6 and S4E11 aren't available. S4E5 was recently, but isn't now. Over the past two days, I've been able to watch S4E7-E10.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lovingboth Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, I'm sorry for the confusion. The word here I was trying to imply that I have run tests from where I'm sitting. I have tested this and looks like it's an issue with TV Anywhere too, in case you were wondering to try it there. 

As for the content, those episodes are available to me here. With these still being unavailable on the TiVo, I've got in touch with our content guys. Once I have more information I'll come back to you.

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Speaking to someone on the support desk, VM have a weird system going on for doing on demand. I can see that load balancing would be useful and you want more than one server, but a good technical reason for having some people being able to see something and others not (rather than one server going 'oh, I don't have that, get it from that one') is beyond me.
0 Kudos
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Meanwhile, the lot will be gone in (currently) six days and I've lost a week in which to see the rest of it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lovingboth,

Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate what you're saying, it seems that you know what you're talking about. 

As for the content that's missing, as this is already highlighted to our teams, we backdate the shows to make sure you can watch them in the future when it's up. 

Once I've got a reply, I'll be back with you Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

katie265
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

same boat here sky 1 shows and some walking dead unavailable or manage to start watching and then it kicks me out and says unavailable
0 Kudos