Menu
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

On Demand not working

I've tried to watch an on demand movie (something I rarely do) and kept getting error 319.

I checked Virginmedia.com, and it said no problems in my area, so I left it until today.

Having tried repeatedly and still getting the same problem, I braved trying to get through Virgin's endlessly infuriating phone system, and the first engineer told me he was sending some signals down to my box, which would fix it, and if I left it for 30 minutes after restarting the box the problem would be fixed. It wasn't.

I phoned again, and was put on hold "for up to a minute", which turned out to be at least ten mintues, then the music ended and I heard a ringing tone for a further 5, before being cut off!

I tried again, more endless waiting, and this time the engineer told me it was a nationwide problem, and she estimated that it would be fixed by November 7th.

Since it is a nationwide problem (according to the engineer), will we get a refund for all these days without the catchup service? Not to mention compensation for the tinitus I get when listening to Virgin's rock musack for long periods?

And if it is a nationwide problem, why on Earth does the Virgin website insist there are no known problems at this time?

How of Earth are you expected to know what to believe, when each and every person you talk to at Virgin tells you a completly different story?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand not working

Hi JohnMcE

I'm really sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, we're seeing an issue which is causing intermittent service but something that would cause you permanent no access to On Demand.

Are you having issues with just this movie or are you also not able to access other On Demand / Catch Up content?

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

thanks for your reply.

I did manage to watch something on BBC iPlayer OK (well OK, with the usual 5 minutes delay in getting to the pointy where playback starts, and then the usual pixilation problems!) but was still getting the same error message re. the On Demand movie both before and afterwards. If it helps, it was the Michael Moore in Trumpland "documentary" and I've just checked and am still getting the same 319 error message this morning.

Am I correct in assuming therefore that the "nationwide outage" the second technician spoke about was complete nonsense? It seems hard to believe you wouldn't know about it if there was one, yet she not only gave me an estimated date of November 7th for this to be solved, but got very shirty when I asked why the previous engineer didn't know about the problem!

I'm afraid this perfectly demonstrates yet again how every person you speak to (or replies to your post!) has a different explanation to what is causing the problem.

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

thanks for your reply.

I did manage to watch something on BBC iPlayer OK (well OK, with the usual 5 minutes delay in getting to the pointy where playback starts, and then the usual pixilation problems!) but was still getting the same error message re. the On Demand movie both before and afterwards. If it helps, it was the Michael Moore in Trumpland "documentary" and I've just checked and am still getting the same 319 error message this morning.

Am I correct in assuming therefore that the "nationwide outage" the second technician spoke about was complete nonsense? It seems hard to believe you wouldn't know about it if there was one, yet she not only gave me an estimated date of November 7th for this to be solved, but got very shirty when I asked why the previous engineer didn't know about the problem!

I'm afraid this perfectly demonstrates yet again how every person you speak to (or replies to your post!) has a different explanation to what is causing the problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnMcE

I am sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing, I think the agent you spoke with has misunderstood the ticket for the fault that's currently raised, as it's only affecting your service intermittently,

We are working hard to resolve these problems and I really hope some progress is made soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Cylinderman
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem JohnMce. 

I went to watch DC's Legends  "sorry OD not working at present try later" so I tried Link+, that recorded it last night or so I thought. Nope it recorded idiot abroad or something like that. 

Tried again today and still NO OD service and still Virgin Status says nothing wrong with TV service only Broadband.Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Craig,

if this was the first time one agent had given me an explanation, and a second one had given me a different reason, I might buy that. But the fact is whenever a problem occurs, you get given a different reason by each and every person at Virgin you deal with.

As a point of interest CICAS has just told Virgin Media to pay me £100 compensation for such a situation involving my phone.

I appreciate that you voluntarily answer complaints on this forum, and do your best to try to resolve them. But unfortunately way, way too many of the people at Virgin Media who's job it is to deal with customer's problems will tell you anything just to get you off the line, and when you routinely have to spend 15, or 30 or more minutes on hold, have had to listen to the voice of that inappropriatr, ludicrously cheerful lady for the umpteenth time, giving you more and more options, when you have entered the four letters of your password, and listened to loud rock music blaring in your ear for God knows how long, only to be cut off yet again... when you finally  get through to someone it seems reasonable that they might tell you the truth, not just guess at a reason.

And until that happens you will continue to have a lot of very unhappy customers.

Sewki
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, do you have any answers for the Gloucester area with regards to the 319 error? I've been getting this error for over a month The last time i was brave enough to phone, I was told they were working on it, but if anything it's worse. I can't watch on demand unless it's on BBC iplayer and I don't seem to be able to record any movies now either. I only found out on this forum that the error is something to do with high demand in my area. That really can't be true. I work nights and do most of my weekend tv watching at incredibly unsocial hours............ Can there really be that many people in my area wanting to watch Krampus at 4:30 on a Sunday morning? I have been sat here in silence for over an hour trying to get a film to play. Yet the message is still popping up telling me to 'try again in a few minutes'. If virgin can't Provide the service we've paid for, then at least give us the correct information.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Cylinderman,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing a loss on On Demand.

As Craig_D has mentioned we are experiencing some issues with our On Demand but it should only be intermittent so can I just check with you if you're still unable to access any content or is it only affecting a particular program/movie?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sewki,

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing problems with your On Demand and I would like to welcome you to the community.

We are experiencing issues with the error code 319 and we're hoping to get this fixed as soon as possible but it shouldn't be affecting every program. Mainly the programs affected are from Channel 4 and Sky so if they're not from these channels please let me know so I can carry out further checks.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing and I'll be in touch with any updates.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos