Menu
person4659
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Demand not working - try again later message

Since we got our Tivo box, on demand seems to be quite temperamental. Sometimes it works, but the majority of the time it doesn't. Been trying to watch some stuff on Sky 1 OD. Got an SD program to work yesterday, but none of the HD stuff works.

There's no faults in my area. There was last week, but that has seemingly been 'fixed'. I've tried resetting the box etc...but nothing. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand not working - try again later message

This will be the Error 319 I guess? Temporarily unavailable please try later?

Basically this has been rumbling on for months and Virgin admit there is an issue but nothing seems to be improving and in fact getting worse as they fact they had a problem was highlighted in the system status when checking for faults in the area but that has gone and there is still the problem.
I guess as it is taking ages to sort they didn't want the issue sat on everyone's status for so long as Virgin admit there is still an issue on here.
0 Kudos
person4659
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah thats the one. I'm now not getting shows appear on Catchup either. Wanted to Watch the new Ep of Arrow this morning, and it's not even there.,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi person4659

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your On Demand service at the moment.

Error 319 is a general error code so appear in a few different situations, for that reason I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're not seeing any individual errors at the moment though, which is positive.

We're aware of an issue which is causing trouble with playing some Sky content (reference F004849975). We're working hard to resolve this and fingers crossed, this will be sorted very soon.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to getting this issue resolved.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

person4659
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It seems that if you wait 2 or 3 days, it works. Do you know if it's a problem with the Tivo Boxes in general, or something on Virgins end? Wondering if it will be fixed with the new Tivo box if it's the boxes..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi person4659

Great news, thanks for taking the time to let us know about this.

The issues are currently being worked on and we're hoping to have them resolved as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos