Menu
Liz73ard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On Demand issues

Hi

we are new to Virgin as had been Sky customers for many years, we have only had the service about a week and seem to be experiencing intermittent but constant issues with on demand being unavailable. It seems to be more problematic in the daytime, don't really understand how his works as previously on Sky we simply downloaded what we wanted to watch it it was right there! First few days we got a service that buffered all the time, now this and it's on both boxes. We have managed to watch a bit of TV on it, but not a lot. Every time we check the online service status it seems to be that a engineer is working on a issue they have identified, does this happen a lot? 

Nia01
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand issues

I have exactly the same issue. We joined Virgin in November and for the first week we couldn't watch demand or catch up with the same message that engineers were working on it.
It's happened again today.
Also, we've been unable to watch recent showings of certain series as they don't seem to be kept up to date!
Never had this issue with Sky and seriously starting to wish I'd never changed!
Liz73ard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yep, can't get any episodes older then 7 days and yet they are available on the hubs.. itv etc. Just about worked out how to use it now, it's been a bit of a nightmare. Internet is excellent though, but I have to admit I miss Sky but not their extravagant costs. However I'm beginning to think you get what you pay for in this life 😕
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liz73ard

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your On Demand service lately. 

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end and we're not detecting any problems at the moment, I hope this means the On Demand service is working as it should?

If not, get in touch and I'll do what I can to escalate the issue.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos