Menu
Winchester_red
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On Demand & Catch Up Services Not Working

Over the last 10 days I've had to call support 5 times to sort out issues with my TV/Tivo Service.

I now have access to live TV, but On Demand, Netflix and Catch remain unworking.

VM has finally admitted that there is an issue, which is a severity 4 (not important) issue which may get fixed by April.  However, as these services are 'free', Virgin do not see this as a problem.

Like most people I know, I do not watch live tv, and only watch TV on Catch Up, when I want - which is what the focus of the TV ads for Virgin say they offer me.  However, they seem to think this is fine that it's not working.

Does this make sense to anyone at all?  Has anyone else had same issue?

0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand & Catch Up Services Not Working

I am not sure if your user name is an indication of location but I am geographically very close to you and my on demand has stopped working again. Reported yesterday and an engineer came and replaced my tivo box this morning. Apparently according to the wife it now works...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
0 Kudos
Winchester_red
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - yes - I'm in Winchester! 

I may try calling (for the 6th time) and see if I can suggest same approach. Otherwise, I must admit I'm going to just cancel all TV services and buy Freeview/On Demand box!   

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fire TV Box, sideload Kodi, install addons, happy viewing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
Winchester_red
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sensible plan!   Once I got my head round what they were saying - which was effectively - "tough, as long as you have live TV we've done our bit" I decided it wasn't worth the money!

0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I find that very laughable that attitude from some of their support.

I would not have let that lie. They are providing you a service which you pay for, they have a duty of care to ensure you are satisfied.

Call them up get them to send an engineer out. Worked for us and we are only 9 miles down the road.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Winchester_red

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the service from our end.

We're seeing an issue which is causing slow and intermittent service to interactive and On Demand service in your area (Reference F004174994), but nothing that would suggest you not having any access.

If you're still not able to access On Demand at all, let me know and I'll arange for this to be further escalated.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Winchester_red
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me  - the issue is now intermettent.  The issue above was with the box which has now (finally.. and only after endless further calls) been replaced.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Winchester_red

I'm glad to hear things have improved, we're working hard to resolve the issues with the interactive services in your area and you should find those services improving very soon.

We'll be here if there's anything else we're able to assist with.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos