Menu
JWhite90
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

On Demand / Youtube / Netflix Not working?

Hi guys, 

I had my Virgin installation yesterday, tech was great, all activated and wired up no problem. 

Broadband is quick and downloads run at the desired speed +/- 15% but still considerably better than my previous Talk Talk connection ever achieved. 

However, when it comes to watching TV there seem to be some issues, normal TV works fine although the Tivo box does seem a bit sluggish, nothing we can't deal with though. 

When it comes to films in the "On Demand" section, even after confirming payment and entering the pin, we are getting a message on screen, I can't remember off the top of my head what it said, either loading / please wait etc, then the On Demand section just crashed, we went back to the film we had previously tried to load only to be asked to pay for it again as if we hadn't. 

We then tried logging into Netflix through the Tivo box instead, this was equally as frustrating as moving through the categories is horrendously slow and after clicking play, regardless of the choice of show, it crashed after a loading screen similar to the On Demand?

I can't access the "My Virgin Media" to see if I have been charged for the movie but hopefully we haven't. 

Regards, 
Jim

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On Demand / Youtube / Netflix Not working?

Hi JWhite90,

If the box you received is a standard TiVo box and not the V6 then it is considerably slower due to the lack of decent hardware within the box, unfortunately this is something that cannot be sorted without upgrading to a V6 box.

I would suggest powering off your box for at least 10 minutes then back on and see if this improves the issues with Netflix loading etc.

I regularly receive on demand errors such as "On Demand Currently Unavailable" and i believe this is caused due to lack of back end hardware on Virgins end that simply cannot handle the amount of requests they receive for on-demand contact streaming etc.

All Replies
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On Demand / Youtube / Netflix Not working?

Hi JWhite90,

If the box you received is a standard TiVo box and not the V6 then it is considerably slower due to the lack of decent hardware within the box, unfortunately this is something that cannot be sorted without upgrading to a V6 box.

I would suggest powering off your box for at least 10 minutes then back on and see if this improves the issues with Netflix loading etc.

I regularly receive on demand errors such as "On Demand Currently Unavailable" and i believe this is caused due to lack of back end hardware on Virgins end that simply cannot handle the amount of requests they receive for on-demand contact streaming etc.