Menu
gntmerson81
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Unavailable

Our on demand service has been down for 4 days now. The message on the screen says try again in a few mins, but it never works. The error code is 6167/VM1, I can't seem to find out what that means either. And yes, I have tried turning it off and on again.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On Demand Unavailable

Hey gntmerson81

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with On Demand at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line for you, at the moment we're seeing some issues with the set top box and I'd like to arrange for further action to be taken to get this sorted.

I've sent you information regarding this in a PM, you can view the PM by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll find that you get an expedited response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 09:00 until 17:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an immediate technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey gntmerson81

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with On Demand at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line for you, at the moment we're seeing some issues with the set top box and I'd like to arrange for further action to be taken to get this sorted.

I've sent you information regarding this in a PM, you can view the PM by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Xristosman
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It looks like i have the same problem, I can't remember when I last used on demand but I know it has been unavailable since the 29 of last month, I've been trying to watch the first episode of season 3 defiance without any luck! 

I tried restarting the box and router but it hasn't helped? How did you get it fixed?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Xhristosman,

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error when trying to watch series 3 of Defiance.

I'll be happy to take a look and help get this fixed for you.

Is the issue still happening today?  If so, can you please reply back with the following information:

*  Will this happen on Just 'Defiance' or other content?

*  Can you please confirm the error message/code you're getting?

*  At what point does the error occur?  (When you select programme?, when you enter pin if  required?, during the programme?)

With this information I will be able to help further.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Xristosman
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The error code is 6187, I'm getting it on all on demand as far as I can tell. The error message says that on demand is unavailable and to try again in a few minutes. I get the error when I try to select a program to view on demand. I also g t this message on the home screen's on 'on demand' option. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Xristosman, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue, and I'd like to thank you for the additional information. 

I've done some checking on this for you, and can't see any reason why you should be experiencing this fault. One thing I'd like to ask you is to power off your TiVo® as I can see that it's been on for a few days. 

Once it's back up and running, please leave it about ten minutes then try to watch this again. If you are still experiencing the fault, I'd then have to ask you to give our fault centre a call in order to pass security in order to go through some further testing with you. 

Please let me know how this all goes. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Xristosman
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've given it a go but still no luck. 

I'll try to give them a call after work tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Xristosman, 

How did things go when you called in?

I hope all is working for you now. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos