Menu
TraceyNorthEast
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Layout

Less of a Question ... More of a Statement of Fact .... I Hate The New Style "Netflix Type" of On Demand Layout ... Hate that layout at Netflix and Hate it even more now youve copied it onto On Demand.

Wonder How many Like This New Layout ... Am i just an old dino that dosnt like change or are there more of me out there in Virgin World ?

0 Kudos
AaronMartin
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Layout

What was the old layout? I can't say I've ever noticed it changing. 

0 Kudos
TraceyNorthEast
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old layout was the written word ... easily read .. titles and programs easily found .... Now you get pictures that are so small its hard to see what the programs are. I use to select the word "New" and an alphabetical list of all new on demand programs were there to paroose. Now you get 6 - 8 little piccys. where did all the others go ? use to be 30 or so new titles every few days. What is wrong with the written word is this latest generation so thick or lazy that they cannot read words and have to have little pictures like the old style comics !!!! S.I.G.H another little annoyance that I suppose I will have to get use to disliking intensly..... I really like being the older generation except for change oh and age health problems and wrinkles and grey hairs and and and ...... oh dear im turning into a grumpy old womanly version of Victor Meldrew Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ianstivo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree with TraceyNorthEast. It is impossible to find new programmes On Demand. There used to be over 100 new programmes showing as being new to On Demand, and the list was updated every few days. There are now just 8 new Box Sets showing, and this list hasn't changed in the past 10 days since the software update.

According to the TIVO Discovery Bar at the top of the screen 'We've made it easier to find the telly you love. So your new-look Virgin TV service has fewer menus, more images and some clever new features.'

In reality, it is now much harder to find programmes and the TIVO is much slower. It can take up to 5 minutes to exit the TV guide, and it takes just as long to load the YOUTUBE app.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianstivo,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the On Demand.

All of the same content should be there as before, just in slightly different places. Is there anything in particular I can help you find?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree, I hate icon layouts except on mobile phones and tablets, there should always be an option to view in list format to give the user the option to switch to whatever they prefer.

0 Kudos