Menu
moorlie
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Is Unavailable error 319

I suffer from this error from time to time, as I am right now. Very frustrating. Go to Service Status and there is nothing listed, run checks and get a message saying a problem will be resolved in 10 mins. No explanation of what that problem may be. 10 mins passes and well, need I say it?

Have searched this forum and seen other people mention same issue. Plenty of apologies from people / support staff / who knows, but apologies do not help. It appears that passing this message on to some support tier does not help either.

Does this error code mean anything, or is it just a "something went wrong" code?

At this point I am fed up with the service not being available and more fed up about not knowing why! An explanation of the code itself would be great, even Cobol error messages can be looked up using Google these days.

Before replying, please consider my fragile status as expressed by the code: 420

M.

0 Kudos
moorlie
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Is Unavailable error 319

I have noticed that this happens most often when requesting from a HD service, if I then request from a non-HD service then it works. But HD is there as an option and I pay for a service. If I wanted grainy I would just go search the web
Tobionepack
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The on demand hardly ever seems to work since I've had it. Coupled with the crappy, super slow tivo box, it's absolute rubbish, can't believe I left sky for this garbage. I really want out!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello moorlie,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with your On Demand and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I would like to send one of our team out to check everything over so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Avafaniam
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. "Engineers are aware of the problem" is all I am told, but this has been going on for weeks!!
Avafaniam
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same problem for weeks. It mainly occurs when I try the HD services on demand, but I am paying for this and not being able to use it. Will anyone be getting a discount on their bill? Technically, we are paying for a service we can't use!!!
To top it off, no-one has any answers! I switched for sky for this service, but I can't wait to return to sky to be honest!
0 Kudos
Abat
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have the same issue for at least 6 weeks we've had code 319 come up. We never watch sky unless it's on demand and this has not been possible recently. sometimes you can be lucky and watch a film on grainy no had. I rang up (there is an automated message for error code 319) and was told that Virgin provided a service, despite on demand not being available and therefore I was not entitled to a refund. Considering that I'm spending over £100 a month- I find this outrageous. I'm left to watch on demand through Netflix or amazon but had issues with buffering with that too. Considering that I'm on Vivid broadband this is just not good enough. # I'vehadenough