Menu
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On Demand HD Content

I'm not sure if error 319 is sorted, but yesterday I managed to watch a HD movie from the Sky Cinema on demand section!! Praise be!

That leads me to my next question - am I missing something? Where are all the HD versions of the movies? I can understand it for older movies, but newer movies such as Avengers Age of Ultron and Mission Impossible Rogue Nation only seem to be in SD in the Sky Cinema section. Sky have them on demand in HD, and I've subscribed to Sky Cinema, so where are they?

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand HD Content

They have been missing since the beginning of the year.

This time last year every Sky Movies/Cinema film was available in HD. Then they cut hundreds and supposedly it is only the ones that have premiered in the last 30 days.
I have my doubts about that also but supposedly it was going to be temporary.....
It has been like this for 10 months at least now.

I called them up to ask about it and they had no answer really and they willingly offered me a 12 month discount on my Sky Cinema seemingly to get rid of me so maybe try and ask the same.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rabangus Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, BinghamBloke  has also experienced this.

They have taken down the HD content to work and upgrade the platform, so there may be HD films but not all for a short time. My advice would be to record the HD versions of the movie if possible and also if you wish to call in by all means call us on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non Virgin lines.

Stay in touch and thank you. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Had a day off today, and got around to calling while the queues were a little shorter. The first guy was programmed to deny anything was wrong, but after persisting and a couple of handoffs was eventually put through to the technical dept, who confirmed that the plan is to restore the HD content 'soon', and they arranged for some money off because of the lack of HD content.

It takes a bit of work, but if enough people phone up complaining and getting given money off, hopefully that will encourage Virgin to sort it out - if it hits them in the pocket enough I'm sure they will.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rabangus,

Thank you for your message and sharing your experience. 

I'm sorry that the HD content isn't with you still, we're still working on the issue as you know and if you would stay in touch with the team, we'll keep you updated more in thr future on this. 

Many thanks and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos