Menu
trishtrash
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On Demand 319 Error Message

Is this error ever going to get fixed?  Not been able to view Sky movies On Demand since 3rd December.  Really fed up of calling Virgin Media just to be told it's with the networking team as a priority and they are working really hard to fix it (think they need some new technicians!).  Every time the fix date passes, the date is changed to a later one.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand 319 Error Message

Hi trishtrash,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem viewing On Demand programmes.

This is a known issue that our technicians are working on. There has been a TiVo® update sent out for this in December, which has improved On Demand access for certain content, however we are aware that there are still ongoing issues with new programmes.

Currently, if you are getting the Error 319 when trying to view On Demand programmes that have just been aired live, please retry again later.

We apologise for the inconvenience this ongoing issue causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
trishtrash
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

I mostly get the error message when trying to access movies On Demand. I am completely fed up of Virgin Media's rubbish customer service on this issue. I spoke to a customer services advisor on Monday who said that the error had been an ongoing issue since October. I asked when it was likely to be fixed (after all I pay for the movie channels and expect to be able to view movies when I want to) and she replied that she didn't have a crystal ball so couldn't give me a definite answer. Definitely not impressed!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi trishtrash,

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate how frustrating it is that the On Demand issue is still ongoing. This should only be affecting new On Demand content and if you keep retrying, you should be able to view the programmes. 

I've run remote testing to your TiVo® as it sounds like you are getting this error all the time, so I wanted to see how the box was performing and I can see a problem with the internal tuners. Have you noticed a problem with your recordings as well?

I'd like to arrange to have one of our engineers check this for you. I'll send you a private message with more details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
markedman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This issue is affecting me too. If you can't provide a FULL service which you expect us to PAY in advance for then you shouldn't be in business. How many times does this issue have to be reported before you pull your collective fingers out and fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi markedman,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem viewing On Demand programmes.

This is a known issue that our technicians are still working on due to the complexities of the fault.

If you are getting the Error 319 when trying to view On Demand programmes that have just been aired live or broadcast for the first time, please retry again later.

We apologise for the inconvenience this ongoing issue causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
LewisR8
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They won't ever get fixed, it is hopeless, some people claim to have had completely no ondemand since October! I called them and given £20 compensation, and i will calling them every week now for more compensation until it's fixed. Within a month i will be moving to Sky.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

By means of constructive feedback to the forum guys, hopefully they can pass it onto the right area.

I called into faults-CS on the 23rd to report various examples of error-319, and was taken through what I assume is the standard process for OD not working. Box reboot, "booster signals", and ultimately a tech visit which the agent confidently assured would resolve everything.

The tech called yesterday, credit where it's due for having quick availability. I got the impression they were an apprentice or newbie - they certainly did an excellent job otherwise, but between them and the person they were speaking to at (presumably) the headend I was effectively told there was nothing they could do, OD is a free service, usual drill.

I didn't want to cause a scene when the issue here seems to be lack of communication to frontline CS how to deal with these issues. There was absolutely no need for a tech visit in this case, and it could have gone to someone who needed it. I get that there's probably a default in the diagnostics when all else fails, but there must be a better way than this, when it's quite evidently a "core" VOD issue.

0 Kudos