Menu
Carolyn0704
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old TiVo Box

Hi, I have had my TiVo box since the service was first set up which I think was over 5 years ago and it is now showing its age. I have had to do a full reboot twice and I frequently get the wait symbol when moving around the menu making transitions between services and channels slow. It was much better when I first got it. What is the life of a box and is it possible to swap my box for a new one?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old TiVo Box

Doubt that changing your box will have much effect tbh. All Tivo's are now old technology hence the new box coming later this year. 

Try removing the viewing card from the back as its no longer needed. Also try home-thumbs up-thumbs down-play play. You should hear a beep and the screen will go blank. Should be faster when it comes back on. (It may be home-thumbs DOWN then thumbs UP............I can never remember. ) 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is thumbs down - thumbs up - play - play. Also you won't hear a bleep if you have the sound effects turned off, but the screen will go blank for a moment.

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Doubt that changing your box will have much effect tbh. All Tivo's are now old technology hence the new box coming later this year. 

Try removing the viewing card from the back as its no longer needed. Also try home-thumbs up-thumbs down-play play. You should hear a beep and the screen will go blank. Should be faster when it comes back on. (It may be home-thumbs DOWN then thumbs UP............I can never remember. ) 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is thumbs down - thumbs up - play - play. Also you won't hear a bleep if you have the sound effects turned off, but the screen will go blank for a moment.
Carolyn0704
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for advice, I have removed card and thumb up/down/play/play and it has definitely improved.
0 Kudos