Menu
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Odd TIVO Behaviour with spotify

Last Night I after watching a couple of live TV  channels  and a recording (without problems) I decided to  fire up Spotify on the Tivo, as I have done many times before without incident.  I pressed play on a track and it began playing but no sound came from my speakers. I stopped and tried again and then tried another track but what ever I did I got  no sound. I exited  the app and went back to the TV station i was on  before I went to spotify, still no sound, switched channels, still no sound, tried to get my shows menu up  to try a recording and tivo froze. I rebooted the machine  and once it finished its set up my sound was back on TV and on spotify. It may have just been a one-off glitch but I thought I would put it out there anyway.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Odd TIVO Behaviour with spotify

Try s a search on the forum. I seem to remember there's a possible problem with sound systems?

sorry not much help but stuck at work so can't have a look myself! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi barrylowry,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that your getting loss of sound when using Spotify, this is a curious one.  I'll be happy to look into this for you.

I would like to ask, have you had any issues with any of the other Apps like YouTube, BBC iPlayer or Netflix?  

Or have you had any issues with any aspect of on Demand?  

If so, let me know and I can check further.  Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette_T

I have experienced a sound drop out on Netflix over the last few months, but not the loss of all sound. The Apps are normally well behaved and as I said loss of sound with spotify may have been a one off glich as it hasnt happened since. I will post again if it returns.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply barrylowry,

I'm pleased it hasn't happened since.  If it does happen again, don't hesitate to let me know and I can check further for you.

In relation to Netflix, does the sound drop out every time you use this app?  Or is it an occasional thing?

If this is a persistent issue also, let me know if it happens on SD and HD programmes, if it happens all the time or at certain times.  That would be awesome.

I'm here to help if you need me, keep me in the loop Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos