Menu
dclark_1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Numerous faults

This week my Tivo box randomly reset itself whilst I was watching and although at the time I thought it odd, as it came back on I thought nothing more of it as I have recently changed my package so thought it might be updating to the new package.

However it would seem:

• I'm not able to access any previous recordings. It was at 89% of capacity and now says 68% but there are no recordings available.
  • All TV channels say 'To Be Announced'
  • The channels take a long time to change between and if I pause or rewind it seems really disjointed. It may not stop for 10 seconds and then rewinds really slowly.
  • Sometimes if I go to change channels it says that it is already recording 3 channels would I like to stop recording and change or continue recording

anyone have any ideas how to resolve this. If not I'll pop a call to Virgin to get this resolved.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Numerous faults

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear the fault is still present.  I think it will be best to get an engineer out for you.

I will send the details in a private message for you. Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you need an engineer or at least put a phone call in to sort it out. Could be a number of things. Good luck. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dclark_1985,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems with your TiVo®. I can see that you have called in regarding this.

I wanted to check to see if this issue has been cleared up for you, or if the problems are still ongoing. 

Please let me know and I can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
dclark_1985
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Yes the fault still seems to be there. I went through the reboot process with the lady on the phone plus I'd done that myself and the forced connection which I had already carried out from your FAQ page.

She said it would be monitored over the next 48 hours (yesterday) so if by tomorrow (Wednesday) around midday it is no better will an engineer be coming out and if so do they do evening (post 6pm) or weekend appointments because I'm back at work now.

Thanks, David
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear the fault is still present.  I think it will be best to get an engineer out for you.

I will send the details in a private message for you. Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dclark_1985
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now. It would like like an internal failure of the TiVo box, but it has been replaced and all services are now working as they should.  

I work in the customer service industry, so I must praise Virgin Media for their swift and helpful service from the lady in the contact centre, to the online forum support and the nice engineer who popped round to diagnose the problem.

Thanks all!

0 Kudos