Menu
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Notification of new Tivo app... good news?

I just received an email from Virgin with the excited subject line of "Your brand new TiVo app!".

I quickly opened the email to find out what great new features we could finally expect - surely something as simple as a landscape layout with four-way scrolling within the Guide would now be implemented, just like the original ancient app was able to do years ago?

Sadly, the content appears to be some sort of practical joke: "With your brand new app you can now watch thousands of hours of amazing reality shows whenever you like!" and even better, this will be "yours at no extra cost" (Please tell this to the billing department who keep increasing the monthly fees)

You're a week late Virgin, the 1st of April was last Friday.

Andre

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notification of new Tivo app... good news?

I'd rather have all my teeth pulled... without anesthetic ... by a blind dentist. than watch reality TV

0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There's good taste, and poor taste, and even no taste at all... and then there's Reality TV. And if your brain hasn't started seeping out through your ears trying to escape by that point, you could always give it a final nudge with the Jeremy Kyle Show.

I genuinely thought that the Virgin email was some sort of wind up or practical joke at first, but it never got as far as a punchline and it does appear to be something real that they seem to think is suitable for their customers.

Andre

0 Kudos
ianstivo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ha ha. That was extremely funny. I've got tears running down my face laughing so much. 

I totally agree with everything you said. 

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I too would rather pull my pubes out one by one with pliers than watch reality TV, but I'm sure there must be one or two people out there who will welcome this, else ITV BE would not exist !  

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

andrewilley wrote:

I just received an email from Virgin with the excited subject line of "Your brand new TiVo app!".

I quickly opened the email to find out what great new features we could finally expect - surely something as simple as a landscape layout with four-way scrolling within the Guide would now be implemented, just like the original ancient app was able to do years ago?

Sadly, the content appears to be some sort of practical joke: "With your brand new app you can now watch thousands of hours of amazing reality shows whenever you like!" and even better, this will be "yours at no extra cost" (Please tell this to the billing department who keep increasing the monthly fees)

You're a week late Virgin, the 1st of April was last Friday.

Andre

...I received the same email a few days ago - it was to do with the new hayu (or something like that) app, however, I've said it before and I'll say it again - WHY anyone would want to use a clunky unresponsive app on TiVo (and lets be honest here - ALL APPS on TiVo, are 100% clunky and unresponsive), when you can use the same app on your smartphone/games console, with no lag whatsoever, is beyond me.............

Smiley Very Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

...to save £3.99 which you would get charged to use this service on another device and to get it on your large TV without the expense of a streaming device.

While I totally agree that all TiVo apps are slow to load, in my experience, they then go on to perform flawlessly.

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can use it fro free on computers or apps also from what I read.
Must say I looked through the red button last night and there was not 1 programme I would be bothered about.

I like some reality but it seems the definition of reality has slightly changed.
So for instance I like the Bear Grylls Island thing, as it is primarily U.S. programmes I like The Amazing Race and Survivor but hayu is full of housewives from various locations it seems.
Disappointing.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
PaulUK73
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, total crap.  Why not make the effort to get TALKING PICTURES TV channel instead or is this GREAT NEWS symbolic of the deadhead, YOOF base of customers Virgin are aiming their products at, anyone over 20 clearly don't figure in their business plan. Can't wait to cancel contract and leave these muppets.

0 Kudos