Menu
Galkas
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nothing on screen from tivo

Hi,

new to Virgin. My equipment was installed on 30/03/16. Everything worked, when engineer was here. I didn't use TiVo since, just watched tv. Now I am trying to us it. 2 left green lights are on on the TiVo box, pressing a button on the remote causes the third lump to flash briefly, but no any pressing buttons on remote, or on the box itself doesn't cause anything on my tv (Panasonic) screen. I restarted TiVo as it was adviced in one of threads, but to no use. What do I have to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nothing on screen from tivo

Is your TiVo connected to your TV via an HDMI cable?

Have you selected the correct HDMI input on your TV?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Galkas, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've had some trouble viewing your TiVo® recently. 

I've done some testing from this end, and I can see a few issues which will require a technician's visit. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this screen where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 
Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Galkas
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dear Kippies, I would distinguish my TiVo from my TV. As for cable connections, I wouldn't even start looking, which one and how connected. If this forum is for technical savvies only, would you advise where someone like me should look for answers? Thank you. Best Regards, Galina

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Get a neighbours 14 year old to come in & help you, or you may have a relative or friend to give a bit of guideance. Once you have been shown its not that teckhy. Regards Micky
0 Kudos