Menu
croftor60
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not recording end of programmes

If programmes run to time no problem but overrunning programme seem to something that Tivo cannot cope with.

In this day and age I find it unacceptable that Virgin Media cannot find a way to overcome this problem. The latest problem occurred on Sunday when The Apprentice started almost 9 minutes late. The TiVo box can only offer 5 minutes extra time that! Unless I am missing something it appears that is unbelievable.

If Sky can cope this this why can't Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not recording end of programmes

Although the default settings for series links only allow a total of 5 minutes for padding, each individual recording can be set to an extra 3 hours.

TiVo does not have a dynamic EPG however which is available on other platforms on some channels and if the broadcaster can be bothered to make the change.

I wonder whether the BBC bothered to make the changes to accommodate the overrun of SPOTY.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I find it unbelievable that the BBC are unable to to stick to their scheduled times

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I found it unbelievable (no, not really) that the BBC proved yet again that it could not run **bleep**-up in a brewery.

Did anyone seriously think that a live programme like SPOTD would not overrun? The BBC must have known this was likely to happen but still insisted on having a live programme followed by a flagship programme. They should have scheduled The Apprentice final to start at 21:15 to give themselves room for manoeuvre.

Knowing that this would happen I simply extended the end time of the Apprentice by fifteen minutes and did the same for the follow-up programme immediately afterwards.

As for a dynamic EPG, no thanks, that can easily screw-up my scheduled recordings. Simple answer is for the BBC to remember that it is there for the benefit of the viewers who pay the licence fee, not for their own benefit and employ schedulers who have more than one brain cell.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

I wonder whether the BBC bothered to make the changes to accommodate the overrun of SPOTY.

It doesn't look like it was marked as a 'Live' event. If it had been then there would have been a prompt when the recording was set to add extra time in addition to the preset padding in case of an over-run.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos