Menu
tomcat31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not recorded season finale as Tivo thinks its a duplicate.

I have a series link set to record all new episodes of Deadliest Catch on Discovery HD. For some reason though Tivo decided not to record last night's season finale (series 12 episode 20) as it believes that it was a duplicate episode.

The only reason I can think that it thought that it was a duplicate is because episode 19 was called "the widow maker" and episode 20 was "the widow maker part 2" ?

Is there any way to stop this happening again as this is a couple of times this has happened and is there any way to get this episode back/recorded as this seems to be the only show that discovery don't repeat later in the week.

0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not recorded season finale as Tivo thinks its a duplicate.

hi tomcat,did exactly the same to me but fortunately i noticed it not recording so watched it as it was aired ,have you managed to watch it yet,great show

0 Kudos
tomcat31
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly we haven't seen it as the Tivo didn't record it while we were out ( hence not noticing that it wasnt recoding) and as I've said the only repeat so far has been at 3am this morning which also didn't record as it thought that was a duplicate too.

At this rate I might have to dig the old VCR out of the loft. At least that recorded stuff when you told it to. lol

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

CBB live not recorded last night. Also many recordings of the same program on differnt channels. Serial linking not relaible any more. Not get what pay money for!!

0 Kudos
omega63
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same for me I noticed it did not record, so set it to record at 03.00 half way through recording VM decided to update TiVo box and lost about 30 minutes in middle of recording, cant see it being replayed anytime soon so I am not happy.

WHY cant VM do updates when TiVo is idle ie. NOT RECORDING......

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What does it say in 'Recording Hiccups' as to why it didn't record in that time slot on all channel?

It may report the SD version at exactly the same time as a 'duplicate'

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
tomcat31
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Error Message says:

This episode was not recorded because the same episode appeared in the My Shows list or My Planned Recordings within 28 days of this broadcast. In Recording Options, change "Record" to Everything" If you want it recorded each time it airs.

This as this show was the season finale of the latest season that has not been shown in the UK before so how can the same episode already appear in my lists?

As I've already said the only reason I can think it believes this is a duplicate is the episode title is similar as this episode and the penultimate episode were both titled the same but with Part 1 and Part 2 at the end is

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a character limit on the shows title so the Tivo box only sees for example Deadliest Catch: "The Widow Maker" Par as opposed to the full title Deadliest Catch: "The Widow Maker" Part 2.

I've now set all of my series links to record everything but I feel this seem counter intuitive to me as I thought the idea of Tivo was to record what you want eg new episodes and not everything and then have to sort through all recordings to find the new episode.

0 Kudos