Menu
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not impressed with TiVo interface

Having switched from Sky to Virgin a few days ago, got to say we're not impressed with the interface of the TiVo box. Compared to Sky the interface isn't very intuitive and everything just seems big and clunky and cluttered. My wife actually prefers the interface on the V+ box. Just dropping the text size would be a big improvement.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not impressed with TiVo interface

Hi Wonkotsane,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment again, welcome back Smiley Happy

We're all about feedback and helping to improve our services where needed to make the experience better and thank you for your feedback. I would like to know where you're seeing this clunkiness whilst using the TiVo?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's the interface in general Ben, it just doesn't feel slick compared to Sky. Sky seem to have a knack for getting loads on the screen without it being cluttered. My wife accidentally stumbled on box sets and then when she went back to find them again later in the day it took her about 10 minutes to find it again because it just didn't make sense to her.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wonkostane,

Thank you for the message back and so soon. I'm sorry that you have this view of the experience on the TiVo and we're always looking to improve our services. Coming over from Sky can in some cases take a little time to get your head around things but once you've got the hang of it, you'll be whizzing through it Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No worries. If you don't get feedback then you won't know if something can be improved. I've just been going through the menus a bit and the one that really doesn't look good is the My Shows page. There's a load of empty space down the left hand side before the box with options which has some deep padding wasting yet more space. Then you have a fairly narrow box in the middle which contains the most useful content which is really cluttered. Dropping the text size a bit, reining in the padding and using the edges of the screen would allow you to gain a good 25-30% of screen real estate for the box in the centre.

0 Kudos