Menu
GaryPugsley
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not happy with tv box

I recently joined virgin from sky and I instantly regret the decision. The TV box is so slow that you can be sat looking at a blank screen for up to a minute befor a recording starts to play and even longer if using catch-up features. Luckily I only have the TV player bundle which is £5 a month but I was going to upgrade in the near future. I have now decided to take Sky up on their fantastic discounts offered to go back to their TV services and leave my phone and broadband with Virgin. I will recover the costs in the discounts I'm offered.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not happy with tv box

What have the faults team said about the problem when you reported it?

Box problems can be a sign that there is an issue with signal levels.

The standard box offered on Player TV is the TiVO. If you had opted for a higher pack you would likely have been offered one of the new V6 boxes.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
GaryPugsley
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After read all the comments that customers have posted regarding the TV box I assume it is not a technical problem with the box but poor software so I have not place a call for an engineer as I believe this would be pointless. If I do not qualify for a better box because I am only on the TV player bundle then They do not value my custom and the ability to upgrade at a more convenient time. Much easier to pack the box away and go back to Sky for my viewing needs as still have the equipment stored away and it works much better.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You're trying to gauge the level of satisfaction with a product on a forum dedicated to resolving problems with that product - It's not going to be the most unbiased sample.

If you have an issue with the service, always, always, always ring in and report it! You are paying for it to work after all! 

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

GaryPugsley wrote:
After read all the comments that customers have posted regarding the TV box I assume it is not a technical problem with the box but poor software so I have not place a call for an engineer as I believe this would be pointless. If I do not qualify for a better box because I am only on the TV player bundle then They do not value my custom and the ability to upgrade at a more convenient time. Much easier to pack the box away and go back to Sky for my viewing needs as still have the equipment stored away and it works much better.

The latest update has fixed many of the firmware issues with the box, but it will not fix signal issues.

Player TV is free when you take a Virgin phone line (its Virgins version of Freeview), so why would you be offered a top of the range box when you are effectively only paying a nominal charge to use the Apps on the TiVO.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos