Menu
Marie5
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not been able to connect to Netflix for several weeks.

Called customer care regarding not being able to connect to Netflix and was told there were some issues which should be resolved within the week. Was told the issue was with Netflix and not with my TiVo box or my connection. 4 weeks later & still unable to connect. Had the TiVo box for at least 18 months and have regularly used Netflix with no problems so a bit perplexed why it's stopped connecting all of a sudden. Hope someone can help as I felt a little "fobbed off" on my customer care call.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not been able to connect to Netflix for several weeks.

Hi there Marie%, 

I'd like to first of all welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are having difficulty viewing Netflix at the moment. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and can not see any reason why Netflix should not work for you, so I have a few questions I'd like to ask. 

Have you been able to test your Netflix account on another device? (for example a PC or a tablet), if so do you have any issues with logging in?

Could you please sign out of Netflix on your TiVo®, then reboot, and finally then sign back in. To sign out of Netflix, go to

Home > Help & Settings > System Info > Netflix Account Information and select 'Sign Out of Netflix Account'

Please let me know how things go for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What is the error message or problem?

Our Xbox has stopped working in the past coule of weeks with the 25% loading error.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Marie5
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No error message. After I've entered my pin it says "unable to connect to Netflix" I then get 3 boxes I can click on, Try Again (which I get the same message on) More Details (which just gives me IP and server numbers) and Exit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Marie%, 

I'd like to first of all welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are having difficulty viewing Netflix at the moment. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and can not see any reason why Netflix should not work for you, so I have a few questions I'd like to ask. 

Have you been able to test your Netflix account on another device? (for example a PC or a tablet), if so do you have any issues with logging in?

Could you please sign out of Netflix on your TiVo®, then reboot, and finally then sign back in. To sign out of Netflix, go to

Home > Help & Settings > System Info > Netflix Account Information and select 'Sign Out of Netflix Account'

Please let me know how things go for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Marie5
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well Huw, what can I say?? Followed your instructions and 'ta dah' Netflix is now working!!! 😀

Not sure why I couldn't have been given this advice when I called for help some 6/8 weeks ago 😠

i know where I'll be coming to with any further queries.

Thanks so much for your help 😃😃😃

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Marie, 

So glad to hear that it's working for you now, and of course that the advice I gave helped. If I'm totally honest, I'd not heard of that particular error before, so I just advised on what I'd do if it were me, just to rule out a few things. 

I'm sorry it took so long to get this resolved, but at least now by posting it here on the forum, should someone else search the forum for the same thing, then they will see how to fix it. I'd like to ask if you can click on the button underneath my post which says "Mark as Helpful answer", as this will also help future users of the forum when they search, as they'll see that the issue has been resolved. 

Okay, I won't hold you up any longer, I guess there are weeks of shows to catch up on now, remember to take regular breaks for food and fluids Smiley Wink 

Take care

Huw

0 Kudos
babalazi
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Huw, Your reply is at best misleading and at worst downright dishonest. Virgin have been aware of a problem with the Tivo Box / Netflix for well over a year. I reported it 7 months ago and it is still not working, and you can give no date for a fix. Just trawl through the internet to see the scale of the problem. I think you need to advise Marie5 accordingly.
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Babalazi, 

I'd first of all like to welcome you to the forums, and apologise that you believe my previous post in this thread was inaccurate.

The issue that Marie5 described to me, was something that I'd not heard of until that point, and the suggestions I made did actually fix the fault that they were seeing. 

I can see that you've also posted in another thread regarding Netflix, but have never stated exactly what fault you are getting with the Netflix service. We are aware that some customers do have an issue, and for these we are working on fixes, however on this occasion I believe this fault to have been user specific, rather than a larger issue. 

We would love to look into your issue, and I'd like to ask you to start your own thread detailing the issues that you are seeing with the Netflix app, so we can investigate them for you.

Many thanks, and apologies once more

Huw

0 Kudos