Menu
jc83
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Noisy Tivo box part 2

I am a very new customer and had an issue with a noisy box ,had a new one installed and it still has the constant drumming of the first , it is clearly audible above any ambient noise  ,engineer said they are all like that so definitely no point trying another one .He had bubble wrap with him for it to sit on ,seriously ? 

Going to have a think about it over the weekend and will most probably cancel virgin and go back to Sky as there is no way I think I can cope with the constant drumming .

I'm happy with everything else it's a pity that virgin are aware of an issue with this but can't do anything to resolve it , apart from bubble wrap . :-( 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy Tivo box part 2

They certainly aren't all like that! Had mine for over 3 years and not a noise from it. 

May at I ask where yours is sited? Ie what's it standing on etc? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jc83,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're still getting this drumming sound.  The TiVo® boxes do make a noise to a certain extent, but if it is heard over the sound of the channels this can be excessive.  

I know you've mentioned bubble wrap being used to cushion the box, have you tried any other material?  Foam cushions tend to work best when the TiVo® box is sat on a hard surface.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Foam cushions ! Bubble wrap ! Incorrect power supplies ! The vents need to be kept clear at all times. I wish virgin media would consider the fire risks of the information being given to customers.

VM please do not phone me again to discuss my posts. I have not welcomed or invited such an intrusion.

This user has left the community.
jc83
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi collette , are you on the wind up ? , are you also suggesting that I have a bit of foam under what should be a perfectly good and noise free box , your engineer has already told me they are all the same and changing it will definetly not make any difference , I'm currently discussing with family what we will do next , I'm very disappointed this is the best answer I can get and would appreciate it if this can be pushed further up the stairs to resolve this issue .As I have said I never had an issue with the Sky box , even holding the TiVo box in my hand I can I feel the drumming .This is very poor if it's the best that virgin can offer to resolve the problem .

0 Kudos
jc83
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In a tv stand , that previously housed a sky box with no issue , sitting it on the carpet and it still makes a noise , neither of these should be an issue though .Engineer said they all have this problem .You may well need your hearing checked or my engineer is at it .

0 Kudos
jc83
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello , does anyone resolve issues on here ? very unhappy new customer here !!!!!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jc83,

Thanks for posting.

I've sent you a private message.

Please reply back to me when you can.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
johnvc
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have just done a test and getting down next to the box with the volume off I can hear nothing. In fact its drowned out by the noise of the WD disc sitting next to it and by the fans in the PC. Its sits on a glass shelf in a TV stand. Once you put the volume up you cant hear any other noises.

Mine is a Samsung

0 Kudos