Menu
Speedy_G
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Noisy Tivo Box

Noticed a few posts on here regarding Hard Disk noise with the Tivo Box. I've only had mine under a week but it constantly rumbles even when picked up. What's the process for getting it looked at? TIA.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Noisy Tivo Box

Hi Speedy_G,

Thank you for taking the team to reach out for the first time Smiley Happy I'd like to welcome you to the Community from the team and I.

I'm sorry to learn about the noisy TiVo, sometimes there can be some noise due to the moving parts inside the Hard Disk Drive. i would like to know if the noise is above the viewing of the programs or is this when the TV's off? 

On a side note, from my own experience, I've found that putting something soft on the feet of the TiVo, maybe some foam, can really help. That's not an official remedy but something useful I've found Smiley Happy

Please get back to me when you can and take care Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Speedy_G,

Thank you for taking the team to reach out for the first time Smiley Happy I'd like to welcome you to the Community from the team and I.

I'm sorry to learn about the noisy TiVo, sometimes there can be some noise due to the moving parts inside the Hard Disk Drive. i would like to know if the noise is above the viewing of the programs or is this when the TV's off? 

On a side note, from my own experience, I've found that putting something soft on the feet of the TiVo, maybe some foam, can really help. That's not an official remedy but something useful I've found Smiley Happy

Please get back to me when you can and take care Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
Speedy_G
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, there's no noise when the Tivo Box is off. Sometimes it's barely noticeable other times like a thudding and very noticeable at low volume. I've added the foam pads beneath each leg but this hasn't helped. I've hard work rebooted the box as well. I'll keep an eye on it and ring if it doesn't improve! Cheers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Speedy_G,

Cheers for updating me on the TiVo Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying that out and sorry it wasn't as successful as intended, it has worked for some customers in the past including myself.

You're always more than welcome on calling the team on 150/ 0345 454 1111, however If this still persists I'd still like to help here and if you'd like to let me know here if it gets noisier we'll try a different approach.

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
Speedy_G
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben thanks for the reply. The HDD noise hasn't improved just a bit irritating at lower volume any thoughts on any other self help remedies I could try before I raise a call? Regards.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Speedy_G,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

It's great that you've already tried the soft cushions under the feet of the box.  Not so good that it hasn't helped.

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call out and check the box over for you to ensure it is behaving as it should.  If there is a fault or anything, the engineer will be able to take care of it for you.

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mike_peart
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
My tivo box has recently started making intermittent rumbling noices when its on.
You can also feel the vibration if you touch the box and its louder than the tv.
Can this be checked remotely, ive heard this is possible.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Howdy Mike_peart Smiley Happy

I hope you area well, so sorry to read about the noisy box.

There are some moving parts that exist in the box if you didn't already know, and that there can be some rumbling but the alarming part is that it's noticeable above the TV noise.

I would like to ask if when you pick up the TiVo, does it get quieter and finally if you can try popping something soft under the feet to reduce some noise?

Give me a shout if you need any more help.

Ben 

0 Kudos