Menu
steffi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Noisy TiVo box

My TiVo box makes lots of noise when it is sitting idle. It whines, whirs and crunches...any ideas? This is a recent thing as it didn't used to do this.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Noisy TiVo box

Hi steffi,

From what you're describing I would like to send one of the team out to take a look at your TiVo® box so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steffi, welcome back!

The TiVo can sometimes emit noise as there are some moving parts but the crunching is a bit alarming. I would like to ask if this noise is less when the device is picked u?

Also the feet that it sits on have rubber shoes but sometimes having something soft under them can really help too.

Keep in touch and get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

jolon1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mine is doing this and it took me a while to figure out where the strange noise was coming from.
0 Kudos
jolon1
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No crunching though.
0 Kudos
steffi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still making all the same noises...what's weird is this is recent and I've had the TiVo box for ages. It sounds like it constantly trying to start up, crunching included. Only makes the noise when it's on standby....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello jolon1,

Welcome back to the community.

Like BenD_H as advised it can sometimes make noises due to the hard drive so can I just check whether this is happening frequently or if it's loud?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi steffi,

From what you're describing I would like to send one of the team out to take a look at your TiVo® box so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ktmctavish1980
Just joined
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy V + box

My box is constantly got a 'humming' noise and it's getting louder And very annoying. It did not use to do this.
0 Kudos