Menu
Lspacey
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Noisy TiVo box!

I've just had a new 1Gb TiVo box and it works fine. The only issue with it is that it is so much noisier than my old box. It seems to be the hard disc making the noise. Is this normal? Anybody got any suggestions about how I can reduce the noise? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy TiVo box!

Hi Lspacey, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for taking the time to post a message on the board Smiley Happy

We understand that noise from the TiVo can happen as there are some moving parts, especially inside the hard drive. 

I would like to suggest , if this is something not too noisy, placing some small foam bit under the feet of the box and also try placing the box in an open space.

Also can I ask if this is noisy above the TV viewing or if you pick this up off its surface?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Lspacey
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

many thanks for your reply. I have tried putting little rubbers under the box feet and also some polystyrene, but I can still hear the box noise above a normal tv noise.

the box is housed in a tv unit. 

Any other suggestions?? All advice gratefully received. 

Lloyd

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lloyd,

Cheers for getting back to me about the feet and the rubber pads, I'm glad you've been able to try this. 

I would recommend having the TiVo placed in an open aired surface, as like any sound, enclosed areas reverberate noise and can make it a bit noisier.

Can you tell me if you can still hear this after placing it on top of the unit? 

Keep in touch and all the best Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
Lspacey
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried putting it in an open area and the noise is still loud!! Infuriating!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lspacey,

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry that these haven't given you what you need and the noise is still apparent.

I would like to help more and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

0 Kudos