Menu
pjmoran
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Noisy TiVo box - can I get a replacement?

I've recently switched from Sky to Virgin and got a 1TB Samsung TiVo box. Unfortunately it is loud - loud enough to hear when we're watching tv and it's a real distraction. We've tried to dampen the noise by standing the box on a layer of felt but it hasn't made a difference.

I've seen other people with issues who seem to have had their box replaced - I'm hoping someone on here can help me resolve the problem the same way.
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy TiVo box - can I get a replacement?

Yes you can it's easy to do ring 150 or help team can help they can sort it for you to get a replacement thanks jonni
pjmoran
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't navigate the IVR on the phone to get to speak to anyone about it - the only option I can get to is for them to run a check on my box or restart it myself which won't sort it.

Do the support teams monitor these forums?
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes they do it takes a while to get responce but they will try and sort it and get back to you
pjmoran
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jonathan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI pjmoran

I'm very sorry to learn about the noise from the set top box, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the box from our end for you.

We're seeing some errors being detected and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information about this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this pag.e

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll talk soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos