Menu
Terry0161
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Noisy TiVo Hard drive!

After recently replacing my TiVo box due to a defect with the hard drive, I've found that the new box is very noisy and distracting. This wasn't an issue with my previous box! Fix one thing and get a different problem.....it's driving me crazy - thud thud thud thud thud all the time.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy TiVo Hard drive!

Hi Terry0161

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVO box.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum information and I've tested the set top box from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues at the moment and the hard drive is reporting as good since the last reboot, which I can see was pretty recently.

How has the noise been since then?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Terry0161
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig. It's still the same. As we have young children we tend to have the tv on quite quiet so that we don't wake them. It was never an issue on the previous box, which suggests that there could be a problem with the box or it's a different manufacturer of box and their hard drives are noisier? It doesn't surprise me that you check doesn't show any issues as it's the workings of the unto that are noisy but possibly not defective.

Thanks,

Terry
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Terry0161
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unit*
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Terry0161,

Thank you for coming back so soon and letting us know Smiley Happy

I am sorry to see that this noise is still there, I would recommend taking a look to see where the box is placed, in the past, other have mentioned placing something soft under the feet has helped. If you find this is now help and that the box is still noisier than is required to play the sound at a reasonable level, we'll look into this a bit more.

I've had a look again and as Craig has mentioned, things are looking healthy, which is a good sign overall.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Terry0161
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The TV now loses signal for a number of seconds which happens a lot, especially the past few weeks. I'm seriously thinking about leaving Virgin after far too many problems.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry0161,

Sorry again fro the trouble you've had with this.

I'd like to send a technician out to investigate this issue for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos