Menu
Psychoham
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Noisy TiVo Hard Drive

So, I installed my TiVo on Wednesday (switched from Sky) and I can't believe just how noisy it is!

Constantly thumping away when it's on, audible unless the TV is at a moderate volume. It's silent when it is off, but then it should be.

It's making me want to go back to Sky, as at least their equipment wasn't a noisy lump. I've even tried soft foam underneath it, and that doesn't damper it much.

Is there anyway the TiVo can be checked remotely to see that it is working as it should be?

Thanks for any advice/help/suggestions.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy TiVo Hard Drive

pick it up, does it still sound as bad?

if it quietens down try some spongy rubber feet under it, if it's still as loud call it in and get it swapped out before you start building a backlog of recordings.

0 Kudos
Psychoham
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tried the spongy feet, doesn't help much at all. As for picking it up, did that first and it's still pretty loud, much more than I would expect.
I'm hoping that a Virgin guru can check it out remotely.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Psycoham,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear the TiVo® is being a tad noisy.  I can see you have tried the basics already with foam cushions under the box.  I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round for you.

I will pop the details in a private message to arrange an appointment with you.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos