Menu
Angie2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No tivo no internet. Other boxes in house (v+hd and standard) also down

Everything working fine. Popped out. Came back. No tv service no internet. Tried rebooting tivo box, V+hd box and standard box and broadband modem...nothing. tivo stuck on starting up...
VM said no problems in the area. Sent signals down cables or whatever..still nothing. 2 engineers booked...one for tv and one for broadband on 2 different days...(why?). Could my feed to the house be faulty? Installed by ntl 15yrs ago before VM took over. Really annoying. Did a service status check and says all services are good.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No tivo no internet. Other boxes in house (v+hd and standard) also down

The fault could just be a connector, isolator or splitter that needs changing, as these can deteriorate over time. Give faults a ring & they can investigate.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Angie2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came out this morning. No signal to house. He went to box round the corner and found i had been disconnected. There were install technicians in the area yesterday and they must have disconnected me to connect a new customer and forget to reconnect me. All sorted now. Everything back up and running.☺
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angie2,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry for the disruption caused by the loss of services.

I'm glad to hear all is working ok now for you.  

If you have any further troubles or queries, don't hesitate to give us a shout here.  We're here to help if you need us Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos